Your Tech Provider Could Be Spying On You

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
edited February 2022 in Legal Issues

If you may become a politician or controversial person, and the owners of your tech provider don't share your political views, you may be in trouble.

Your domain registrar or host could spy on you to actively look for illegal activities as they did against President Donald Trump.

So if you're politically left, you should stick with left leaning tech companies like AWS, Google, or Digital Ocean, and if you're politically right leaning, you should use tech providers with sympathetic owners like @Terrahost, Sibyl.li, (Rob monster), Rightforge.com, IncogNET.io and MXRoute. Liberals obviously have a significant advantage in vastly more tech companies who kowtow to the left.

To specifically quote the article concerning the ongoing investigation by United States Special Counsel John Durham:

Durham states that the internet company that Tech Executive-1 worked for "had come to access and maintain dedicated servers" for the Executive Office of the President as "part of a sensitive arrangement whereby it provided DNS resolution services to the EOP." "Tech Executive-1 and his associates exploited this arrangement by mining the EOP's DNS traffic and other data for the purpose of gathering derogatory information about Donald Trump," Durham states.

Lawyers for the Clinton campaign paid a technology company to "infiltrate" servers belonging to Trump Tower, and later the White House, in order to establish an "inference" and "narrative" to bring to government agencies linking Donald Trump to Russia, a filing from Special Counsel John Durham says.

This Fox article is here:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/clinton-campaign-paid-infiltrate-trump-tower-white-house-servers

While @Jar worked at DigitalOcean.com, he caught his supervisor and co-workers actively looking for dirt inside the account of a conservative figure who made the mistake of trusting DigitalOcean with his data. Jar has the saved evidence of these shenanigans on disks to this day.

It was a Democrat Political PAC that funded the out-of-context video compilation of Joe Rogan using the N-word that almost knocked him off his Big Tech platform at Spotify.

When the Board overseeing former owner of Papa John's Pizza, John Schnatter, hired the wrong tech PR company to help "improve his image with PR training," they actively and successfully conspired to destroy his reputation because he was a conservative. John had a recording of Laundry Service executives (PR company) "plotting to damage" his reputation. John was removed from the company he founded because he forgot that many liberal ideologues run these companies.

Read more about John's story: https://adage.com/article/agency-news/papa-johns-founder-alleges-former-laundry-service-ceo-caught-tape-conspiring-send-him-out-pasture/2319051

The unfortunate lesson is you must be sure that the owners of the tech provider you use holds similar political views

The Royal Ram

Thanked by [1] : PressReleaseBot

Comments

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

Heard that for the first time ever!
    Literally, so many providers being accused of breaking privacy

Thanked by [1] : MonstaHost

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    CloudMate Softwares
    Managing Director
    ankesh@cloudmate.in

• @cloudmate said:

Sad that the hosting industry is so intertwined with politics that they can't treat all sides fairly.

Thanked by [2] : Python PressReleaseBot
    DeluxeNames
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM

@MonstaHost said:

@cloudmate said:

Sad that the hosting industry is so intertwined with politics that they can't treat all sides fairly.

I agree with you there @MonstaHost

DeluxeNames

The Royal Ram

• It's very sad to know and most of this tech company do this shit because of some sort of political gain. Not fair to other end

DeluxeNames
  • GracedGraced Link Clerk

I think tech providers should remain strictly professional and not disclose people's information due to their political affiliations. Involving politics in the tech business can be very detrimental to many business, especially due to data security.

DeluxeNames
  • Well as much as I do not want spies in my system. WE got to accept that it is paer of the deal. Shady? Yes but if these companies wont do it then we must adjust. Me for example all my major stuff are not in my accounts/ system so spy all you want all you see is my games and my movie vault.

• dkamaudkamau Link Clerk

It's a thing that is happening these days. This isn't the first time am hearing of such.

DeluxeNames
  • olaide85olaide85 Link Clerk

@dkamau said:
    It's a thing that is happening these days. This isn't the first time am hearing of such.

So, you mean this has been happening consecutive? Where is this world going to? So, there is no privacy at all whatsoever. One needs to be extra careful on the internet nowadays.

• RoberachiRoberachi Link Clerk

Okay now am officially freaked out about using normal websites other than google. If such things can happen to a powerful person that can sue the company what about me a mere citizen. Will definitely stick to one that will guarantee security of my data and information.

• Thanks for this eye opening post. I will definitely be more careful with my tech provider from now on.