Male orientated

2»

Comments

• KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    They do not intimidate me either, if they appear to try and belittle me I don't even give them the time of day. However there are some people who are not wordly wise and have difficulty in expressing themselves or simply need help and don't get it and are treated like idiots because its not considered that women (in some forums) can be as knowledgeable as men.
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
  • Im one of those ladies who dont talk in forums and read what what goes on boards .. i need confidence before i do talk..lol:)
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Katra wrote: »
    They do not intimidate me either, if they appear to try and belittle me I don't even give them the time of day. However there are some people who are not wordly wise and have difficulty in expressing themselves or simply need help and don't get it and are treated like idiots because its not considered that women (in some forums) can be as knowledgeable as men.

Nor me but it does rile me when I see people being talked down to just for asking a question.
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    LurkinBack wrote: »
    LOL Well if its any help I feel intimidated in places like this too, just being a beginner in the world of web coding.

Amen to that lurk, I used to feel intimidated on boards too. Eventally I reached a place where I realized I couldn't do everything well and I decided not to care if I looked dumb. I'm good at some things and I have a lot to learn about many things. Moddy, and Katra know more about design than I, and Nuvo and Daniel (among others) know more about programming than I, but I'm ok with that. And it makes me appreciate and listen to all of them too.
    Tempy wrote: »
    Im one of those ladies who dont talk in forums and read what what goes on boards .. i need confidence before i do talk..lol:)
    I appreciate you being brave enough to admit that Tempy, and welcome to WP by the way! :)

What can we do to make you feel more comfortable posting Tempy and ladies? Does it help at all if the Admin admits to being a newbie at a lot of things too? What are the ways to create a welcoming atmosphere where newbies will overcome their fears of looking dumb?
  • ZZ Formerly ''Piet'' NAT Warrior
    wow thats what i mean webmasterpost rocks.
    look how they listen to the members.lol
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    When I started getting into programming, there were quite a few morons who thought that because they knew of X function which would help me do something that they were better than others.
    That's the kind of thing that drives people away from forums to places more like this one where you don't get such flack for asking simple questions.
    Python wasn't scared to ask how to do things in PHP if he didn't know how, and his posts were answered with very good replies from users such as Chroder who, thankfully, is a knowledgable and pleasant kind of guy.
    I hate seeing people getting flamed for asking questions with simple answers as everyone was a beginner at some point and everyone had to ask those questions, even if it wasn't on a forum.
    It's not like Bill Gates and Steve Woznaik were born with the knowledge which gave birth to Microsoft and Apple (Woz built the first Apple computer which Jobs helped him build into the Apple company).
    Even now, I'm stumped at times by things which have simple answers such as some of the things in Ruby on Rails (OK, so how do I implement X feature... *1 Google search later* WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS!!), even though I understand the difference between strong and loose typed variables and interpreters (or just parsers) and compilers.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    yeah i would like to see womens here too.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com