In Need Of Lots Of Things

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on a site for me and my friends ( a community ). I have created this before and was a reall succes, but because there wasn't much to do on the site, people visited to read the news and read some new jokes and left.

That's why I want to redo the whole site ( it's offline now, for over 1 year already ). And I already managed to create a Main page, and a Contact page. And found some one to code it for me in css/html.

Now my problem is, how can I make it interactive. That was my first question, and I found some answers:

- Online Games
- Online Msn
- Chat Room
- And of course a FORUM

But the biggest problem is, since i'm not a coder and don't have any knowledge in this area, how do I set these things up, and where can I get the best scripts for them.

I don't want it to be looking al weird and stuff, I want everything to look like it was build for my site. Is there anyone willing to help me out, by suggesting new ways to make my site interactive or by helping me install these scripts, or even find me some.

I really appreciate your time and effort,

Klaas Koopman, Administrator KKPortfolio.net
Klaas Koopman's Quality Services
- My Portfolio Site
- Webmaster Forums

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Heres my view on what you suggested:

Online Games - This can attract loads of people since it is in extreme demand especially by younger people. I would suggest creating your own flash games or if not, use other peoples by firstly asking their permission. You could of course just mod the forum using an arcade mod so then you would have a score system too :)

Online MSN - This would be good for getting people to return. For example in my school MSN has been banend and it wont work therefore if we want to go onto MSN we have to use an online version....which there arent many of. I dont know if there are any free scripts available to run such a service but I might be wrong.

Chat Room - These are only good if you have got a large amount of traffic. For example if no ones hardly ever visits there and chats in it then the people that do will think that the site is pretty dead because no one bothers to chat there but if yove always got a couple of people chatting online at the same time then they will see the site as being more active and then there is more chance that they will stay.

Forum - I deffinately recommend using a forum! It will bring in members who will return fairly often

The Royal Ram

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    im not sure about the chat room unless you have a LOT of visitors

if theyre on the chat room they arnt on the forum
    but perhaps the chat room could be integraed with the forum member system....its fairly easy

The Royal Ram

• KlaasKoopmanKlaasKoopman Member NAT Warrior
    Well I am not looking to have the games and the chat and all that, integrated into my forum, cause then the site will not be visited at all, then it will just be the forum... And does anyone of you know where I can get some games?
    - My Portfolio Site
    - Webmaster Forums
    you can download flash games for your site over at miniclip.com

The Royal Ram

ah great, thank you :D
    - My Portfolio Site
    - Webmaster Forums
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Well I am not looking to have the games and the chat and all that, integrated into my forum, cause then the site will not be visited at all, then it will just be the forum...
    But what does that matter? It means everything will look alike whatever theme your forum is. You won't have to make a forum theme to match the rest of the site...
    What else where you going to have on the site?
    If it's just jokes and news, that can easily be added to the foum and then, if you like, you can allow members to add their own jokes very very easily.
    as I was saying, I don´t want the forum to be the only thing, cause the site is something I will be practizing my coding on etc. And not only me but some friends as well.<

But thanks for your suggestion though.
    - My Portfolio Site
    - Webmaster Forums