New Layout

Take a look at this design I done.

Tell me what you think of it :) Oh yeah and rate it out of 10.

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Pretty cool! It's div tags and CSS, right?
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    well its still using tables :)

all of the text and colours are all done in css tho

The Royal Ram

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i think you need to change the header though, id have a word with angry lizard he might be able to do 1 in exchange for a review of his services
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Yeah... its nice, but a bit plain...
    And Please Do Not Use Tables!!!
    cbg, no matter what you say i will most probably always use tables - its what im used to and its what i prefer, lol

@tony - how much do ya think angrylizard would charge for a nice new graphic?

The Royal Ram

• cptnwinkycptnwinky Junior Member Shared Hoster
    There is nothing wrong with tables especially since full CSS support is not even achieved in any mainstream browser yet. Load times of tables may have been a problem when computers were like 133Mhz with 16mb's of ram but now it really is not that big of a deal. Do you really notice any difference yourself when surfing? vBulletin, one of the most popular forums uses tables not divs.

*Steps off soapbox*

I like the header, only the boxes look too plain. I would try rounding the top corners or something like that.
    PM me for small freelance php jobs.
    I have never been too needy but I lost my job due to the company shutting down our location. I just had a child and live in a pretty depressed area at the moment. I need some freelance work fairly bad.
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i dunno he did mine for free because i wrote him a testimonial, he may do it for free if not im pretty sure he wouldnt rip you off
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    P, overall layout is pretty standard. I like the color scheme. However, I suggest you lose the picture of the server - it makes the site looks like a hosting site. Undeserving for a nice site like this one.
    ohh ok, well thanks for the comments guys:) ill see if i can make some changes

The Royal Ram

• ArestiaArestia Member NAT Warrior
    a new header would be cool, also maybe make the gradients on the table tops smoother. not using just white.
    Arestia Design Studios / Synapse Corporate Solutions
    Daniel L. Rust - Lead Architect
    Seattle, WA