Rave it up.

Comments

• rallyfanrallyfan Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    id say i know quite a bit i always use them
    for the sake of old times!

:)
  • SEbasicSEbasic Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    To clarify:

When I say SE knowledge, I mean how SE friendly you can produce a site so that it gets listed on the SERP's
    Rave it up.
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    heh. well i dont know much. i know the more links to your site there are the better ur PR is. but thats about it. id be interested i knowing more tho. o ya i know that frames can mess it up a lil
    sebasic let us know wat your methods are to get more links on SE

sebasic let us know wat your methods are to get more links on SE

I have spent months building up my knowledge.

I don't mind sharing it, but only if you have a specefic query
    Rave it up.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    ok. i have a question. if a site with a pr of 4 was to link to a site with a lower pr would that affect it? should all sites be aiming to link to sites with prs greater then theres?

and if thats the case then what happens when your site has a higher pr than the one you have been linking to in the past. do you just remove that link or keep it there?

The Royal Ram

that is a good query.

• kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    for as much as i know it doesnt help, im still at pr2 and nowhere to be found in the 44 billion results . working on it though
  • jmcjmc Senior Member The Royal RAM
    how do you know wut u r lol?
  • jmcjmc Senior Member The Royal RAM
    seriously
  • DanDan Senior Member The Royal RAM
    jmc wrote:
    seriously
    what ? Just download google toolbar and you can see your pr as a green bar lol then hover your mouse over it and it will tell you your pr i.e. "PageRank is Google's measure of the importance of this page (4/10)
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
  • DanDan Senior Member The Royal RAM
    oh yeah i forgot about that one, how about http://www.webmasterbrain.com/proogle/ i think thats right, please correct me if i am wrong
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Except you need to be a member there. Also, I put beginner but after reading the topic I wish I had put average... :D lol
    ok. i have a question. if a site with a pr of 4 was to link to a site with a lower pr would that affect it? should all sites be aiming to link to sites with prs greater then theres?

and if thats the case then what happens when your site has a higher pr than the one you have been linking to in the past. do you just remove that link or keep it there?
    I know this is an old thread, but I just realised that I never anwsered P's question... :eek:

So.............

Basically, no... Linking to a site with a lower PR than yours will not harm your site. With a few exceptions...

If you are linking out to FFA's and the like...
    If the site employs the use of spamming tactics to gain higher results in the SERP's.

Don't get me wrong, the damage that this would cause is probabally quite neglegable, but this may well all change in the future.

Since the Hilltop update, google has made a point of taking outbound links seriously. And will continue to take them more seriously in the future.

Linking out to sites of a higher PR than yours is no guarantee that will will remain unharmed too. (Try to use links in contest to what you are writing, especially to *Authority sites*).

This will show Google that you have a clue what you are talking about, and thus (In theory) increase your SERP's.

To clarify What *Authority Sites* are...

Let's just say that we were talking about web site accessibility :D. Now, If you were to link out to www.w3.org/WAI/ (Using the correct anchor text), you may well find that this will help...

Again, sorry for not responding earlier to your Post Python, I must have missed it ;)

SE
    Rave it up.