Marketing Tips and How To

Raven2424Raven2424 Junior MemberShared Hoster
I need help and im sure others would also like information on this topic. I need to know how poeple get lots of hits..

1. PR(page rank)
2. SEO(Search engeine optimzation)

Right now those are the things i need to learn more about im not farmillier with SEO at all and PR. All infromation or topics that need to be discussed related to my 2 questions would be great if they could be talked about here.
XR-Host.com Free templates, Tutorials, Scripts and more!! Great Site with lots content from templates, logos, Scripts, Tutorials and more!

Comments

• Raven2424Raven2424 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    :confused: sorry to double post but did everyone miss this?? :confused: :confused:
    XR-Host.com Free templates, Tutorials, Scripts and more!! Great Site with lots content from templates, logos, Scripts, Tutorials and more!
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    Nope. I guess the scope is just far too wide for lazy people like myself to reply. :)
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    go to my site www.sinergy-media.com

scroll to the bottom where its says tutorials and click on the link theres a very basic review of SEO

PR comes from getting good people linking to your site
    Thanks tony
    So i should fix the meta tags and such for each one of my pages???
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    lol! These questions are a little too simple to come from a person who also owns a webmaster forum.
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Basically you need good meta tags, good keyword-rich content and inbound links.
    The general idea of meta tags is to give an idea of what your site is about but don't over do it.
    For good content you want to pick out your keywords and 1 in every 10 words on your site whould be a keyword.
    Inbound links are important. Ideally you want links to your site from High PR, Relevant, Sites.

Some good stuff can be found here: http://www.oyster-web.co.uk/seo-tutorial.html :)
    Ya these questions do sound easy to some of you but i am having a hard time getting members for both my sites I dont know what to do and i have stat counters:eek:

www.chaos-vortex.net
    Unquie:50 per day

www.freelancers4you.com
    Unquie:105 per day

If anyone here wants to do a link exchange it would be great. Ideas and sugestions of how to improve my site would be great thanks!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Although I don’t know how the Google algorithm works exactly, I do know that Google relies on three different calculations to workout the relevancy of any particular page for a search:

1. Link Popularity: If you have downloaded the Google toolbar, then you will have seen the green bar that Google uses to rank every site you visit. This ranking is Google’s PageRank, and is indicated on a scale of 1 to 10. Generally, sites with a PageRank of 7-10 are considered excellent in terms of quality and popularity.

But how is this rank calculated? Quite simply actually. Google’s main criteria for the calculation of relevancy for a page is based on the number of web sites that link back to that particular site.

However, having 100,000 web sites linking back to your site will not necessarily mean that you will attain a PageRank of 10. Each site that links back to you must in itself contain quality content and have a high (7-10) PageRank for it to impact positively on the PageRank of your web site. Yes, sites with a poor PageRank can bring your sites PageRank down.

If Google’s PageRank technolgy sounds confusing, just try and remember that Googles PageRank is the #1 criterion for calculating the relevancy of any web page in relation to the specified search term. We will come back to link popularity later.

2. Page Title: The title of your web page (i.e. the text between the <title> and </title> tag in your HTML code) is taken into high consideration by Google. Your page title needs to be brief and targeted, and it should contain no more than 40 characters at maximum.

As you will see shortly, the words in the title of your page also need to exist in the body and various headings in the actual content of your HTML page. Each page on your web site should have a different title to cater for various word combinations and phrases used by Google searchers.

3. Keyword Density: Your web pages need to be keyword dense. What this means is that you must have an evenly distributed placement of your keywords throughout your title, page headings and content. For example, if you run a web site about coffee machines and find out that your potential visitors search for the phrases “coffee machines”, “making coffee at home” and “make coffee from beans” (you will learn how to find out which keywords are the most popular for your site in the next section), then you might have a title that looks like this:

MyCoffeeSite.com – Use our coffee machines to make coffee at home using your own coffee beans.

In addition to this, you might have a page header (a <h1> tag) just after the <body> tag that looks like this:

Freshly brewed coffee from your own coffee machine and beans

And finally, in addition to your page title and headings containing your keywords, your page also needs a 7-10% keyword density. For example, a 10% keyword density means that 10 in every 100 words on your page are your keywords. You must be careful not to go overboard with this however, as Google can penalize you and think that you are spamming.

Hope that helps...
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i think 1 of the reasons your site with the forum isnt doing amazing is you have too many different topics
    i think you could combine making money, increase traffic and market place and then just use some from each 1 as a lot of these overlap

just a though, and then maybe do some link exchanges etc
    i might link exchange if you want (PM me or email/msn me my info is on my profile)