Good cheap host for blog?

BarbarossBarbaross NAT Warrior
edited October 2023 in Hosting Requests

I am looking to move my blog from Blogger to Wordpress, self-hosted with my own domain name (which I haven't yet bought). Please could someone suggest where to start in looking for hosting? I tried Google but then found a post on here which said a lot of reviews are fake so thought it best to as you good people. The blog currently gets very little traffic and I only want something cheap and cheerful for now while I see how much time I'm going to have to put into the blog.

Thank you!

Comments

• BewuntlineBewuntline NAT Warrior
    edited October 2023

if you want to start a blog on a budget (for under $50) here are the only two hosting companies I recommend, NameCheap and Hostinger.

From past experience, I think these two hostings make the process of starting a blog as easy as it could possibly be.

• TapiocaTapioca NAT Warrior
    edited October 2023

With a new blog post being published every 0.5 seconds, it can be hard to stand out. It can be even harder to succeed if you’re using a sub-par blog host – you might have to deal with slow loading speeds, crashes, and even poor security. A bad web host can cause your blog to suffer, or even outright fail.

I think HostGator is the best provider for blogging due to its high-performance scores and good price. A blogging site needs fewer features than other sites, but good performance and uptime are crucial. It also has great help and support.

• GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior

I did like my time on CrocWeb.com and they were reasonably priced.

• CatternCattern Shared Hoster

Don't sacrifice security and quality. It is not ideal to jump into affordable web hosts in which in the long run can lead to many problems such as web site accessibility and, worst, shutting down of web site.

DeluxeNames
  • SniglamenSniglamen Shared Hoster

I've had a good run dealing with NetShop-isp.com.cy cheap web hosting. This service allows for easy setup of websites and emails, modifications, and monitoring through their control panel user page. Online explanations of features and instructions are clearly written.