Blockchain Domains???

On Porkbun today I tried to register
FreeSpeech.1

I thought the ".1" was a new tld/URL until it splashed a warning across my screen, I'm paraphrasing:

"THESE ARE BLOCKCHAIN DOMAINS, DO NOT REGISTER THEM UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE."

So I ask you what these are? I found an article that may not be talking about the same BLOCKCHAIN DOMAINS:

"Blockchain domains are essentially suites of smart contracts — software written on a public blockchain. This gives them a number of unique features and advantages over traditional domains.
The history of blockchain domains goes back to the early days of cryptocurrency. One of the first crypto platforms was called Namecoin, and it was built so users could register their own domain names on Bitcoin."

Comments

• msdlcmsdlc NAT Warrior

Best Web Hosting Providers, Managed WordPress, and Shared Hosting Plans & Reseller.

Whether you're a startup, established business, blogger, or manage multiple websites, we offer the fastest cloud hosting plans to grow with your site. Pick a plan below, and start building towards success. Verpex is a friendly team of hosting experts that’s always ready and available to assist and ensure your website succeeds. Chat with us using the live chat link below, or give us a call. You’ll be speaking directly to a knowledgeable engineer.