Review of HostSolutions, RackNerd, NexusBytes, & Gullo Hosting

This discussion was created from comments split from: Host Boards trusted partners.

Comments

• abytecuriousabytecurious Shared Hoster

Here is a one line review of the hosts I have tried

• HostSolutions - Good uptime. Have two storage boxes I got through deals. Wait for deals, the owner is user cociu on LowEndTalk.com and comes up with offers regularly. Currently their DC is in Romania and Norway. Very good uptime. I haven't had any reason for complaints.
    • RackNerd - Have 4 servers from them. Good uptime. Two of them are idle, I used two to do a testnet for a cryptocurrency pool. No issues. Though in all fairness, crypto pools don't use a lot of CPU. Best way to score a good deal - search on google for Racknerd Coupon codes. Their coupon codes last for many weeks after they are announced
    • Nexus Bytes - Got an annual deal since annual payments give you a free Windows license. This was a good deal. If you are switching from another provider or if an existing provider is closing down, you can raise a ticket and they give you a few months extra for no additional charge. It is called their Switcher Special. They have started a budget VPS brand called entrybytes. The price is cheaper than the main NexusBytes brand. Do have a look at it as well.
    • Gullo Hosting - Inspite of being a one man show, user cam (on lowendtalk.com) is very helpful and responds to requests quickly. I had 3 NAT VPSes. They were idle for most of the year and then I cancelled them as I had no use for it. During deal time, NAT VPS start at $2/year, you can host your website here with a Cloudflare to route your requests.