PHP Lynx - Directory Script

WatchOutWatchOut Advanced UserVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
PHP Lynx

Short presentation:

PHP Lynx, is a powerful directory script, very easy to manage, with a lot of new features that other directory scripts doesn't have, you can easily import your database from some of the main scripts, there is two versions one paid and one free version.

Features:

1. A superb Captcha system that not only allows you to make your own text captcha questions on the fly but also allows you to upload and use images as well! It is absolutely awesome!

2. Some directories may have this but not many, PhPLynx allows the submittor to suggest a category at the SAME time as submitting a link! This saves a heck of a lot of time and fuss and doesn't spam the system because of the amazing captch feature.

3. An e-mail system that allows you to personally interact with the submittor informing them why, what and how their submission is going.

4. An import system to allow easy migration from the some of the main scripts out there.

5. The ability to give permission to level of admin rights, so for example if you have a regular and trusted submittor then you can allow them permission to do so.

6. Excellent support team which will let you get your problems solved, within seconds. Very active team, which will guide you through all kind of problems.

So why not swap directory script now??

PHP Lynx offer a lot of features that other scripts don't...

www.cantufind.com/forum

Example Dir: www.PickDirectory.com

Best Regards,

WatchOut
Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com

Comments

• WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    The full free edition was released yesterday, and it has a lot of new features, and it's completly bug free, so grap this script, and get your directory running in a few seconds!
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    WatchOut wrote: »
    The full free edition was released yesterday, and it has a lot of new features, and it's completly bug free, so grap this script, and get your directory running in a few seconds!

I looked at your example, PickDirectory.com, and it's nice Watchout :) It has a clean simple look at seems to work well. The feature for them to pick a category sounds like a time saver.

Very impressive, did you code this script or maybe your friend? How does it help them to give this script away free? I'm sure it does, I just was curious how.

Thanks for posting this.
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Well Bryant, I'm not the coder, I'm being a member on the forums, and I'm very proud to have my directory running with that script, it delievers a lot of quality, and the ACP is really great. No problem Bryant. There is a linkback in the footer as you see.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • phpLynxphpLynx Beginner Link Clerk
    I looked at your example, PickDirectory.com, and it's nice Watchout :) It has a clean simple look at seems to work well. The feature for them to pick a category sounds like a time saver.

Very impressive, did you code this script or maybe your friend? How does it help them to give this script away free? I'm sure it does, I just was curious how.

Thanks for posting this.

Kind words WatchOut, sure Kev and Gary will appreciate them.

@DeluxeNames, they tried to keep it simple in look with no fuss, but the features in this version are truly awesome but don't take my word for it, look at the demo at phplynx.com/demo or nip to the cantufind.com forum and have a look.

Here are some of the 'out of the box' features the free version has.
    • Suggest a Category at the same time as listing a link
    • Ban Words - You can ban any filth sites through Admin, sumitter gets an e-mail telling them why.
    • Pre posting payment feature - Set it to delete pending payments, Great for pay only sites, this can be enabled or disabled from admin.
    • Multi membership packages- not just free and paid.

These are features that are not in any other free directory scripts and are real winners.

Reason for giving it away free? Well this might sound strange but the owner Kev wanted to. Sure there will be a small fee to take the backlink away as will there be a fee to the full version, which by the way has even more features. :)

The good thing about phpLynx is that it does not rely on volunteer programmers, (respect to them) it is funded by a Company so the script is not in a constant beta phase as most are.

Downside, you may not need to visit the forum evey five minutes asking for bug fixes. Upside, it is definately the best free version I've ever seen.

@Watchout, sorry, there was one tiny bug, (if you can call it that) its being fixed as we speak.

God its been so long waiting for a bug free directory script, no more buttlickin to the mod fixers. No waiting for months to get upgrades, gosh I could go on. :D

I also like the fact the default template is so much better as well as people like me with little or no bucks in the pocket can make one without being embarrased any more.