Boss of Amazon has a Spacecraft

The billionaire founder of amazon.com has released the first images of the launch of a private spacecraft that could bring space travel to the masses.

See the story at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6230245.stm

Comments

• LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Now that looks fun.

Thing is my cynical brain has kicked into gear and asks the question "Has anyone else noticed that they still won't fly anyone past the Van-Allen belts(radioactive bands round the earth that theoretically should have killed the Apollo astronauts)?"
    The launch, described by Mr Bezos as "both useful and fun", was watched by friends, family and a team of engineers.

"My only job at the launch was to open the champagne," said Mr Bezos.

But theres a man who enjoys his job lol
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    LurkinBack wrote: »
    Now that looks fun.

Thing is my cynical brain has kicked into gear and asks the question "Has anyone else noticed that they still won't fly anyone past the Van-Allen belts(radioactive bands round the earth that theoretically should have killed the Apollo astronauts)?"

But theres a man who enjoys his job lol

Yeah, but Richard Branson called his space travel thing Virgin Galactic.
    Now, I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that NASA hasn't done a manned flight out of out galaxy, so I doubt someone who can't get their trains to run on time is likely to do it with a group of tourists.

Anyway, it is possible to fly at the edge of space, which would make the Van-Allen belts less of an issue.
    Now, when they actually get out further into the solar system, they'll have something to worry about since Saturn has much, much larger belts and a magnetic field that's bigger than the sun, meaning that you'll either get nuked or your craft would get more damage than if it were hit by an EMP.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • lovelylovely Link Clerk

space travel? this sounds already exciting to me. bringing it to the masses will be a huge favor to humanity. I hope I will experience this too. This is one travel I wouldn't ever love to resist

• iamdahmmyiamdahmmy Link Clerk

I think it's a nice gesture from Jeff Bezos. Some people wish to travel to space but think it's just a wish that can never come true. With this, the masses can have the chance to live their fantasy

• It looks like a good initiative by Jeff bezos,it will really help the astronauts and the common people to traveling in space by using spacecraft,It's fantastic.

• PrincedivaPrincediva Link Clerk

This is a billionaire that knows what it takes to get feedback. This will definitely take more people to experience the space and also bring in money to his pocket. All works for good