What are you...Mac or PC?and Which is better?

Sparkydude31809Sparkydude31809 Junior MemberShared Hoster
Mac or Pc?...Over the years I have been a Mac man...what about you?
"I come as a right hand, an agent of God, to carry out his judgement"

:hello:

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'm neither a Windows or OS X user myself.
    I use Linux and we get along pretty well, despite a few kinks in software like the Beryl visual effects engine, which is still only a development release anyway (and the bug I've found in it is easily fixed).
    I've thought about buying an iMac some time next year when I get back from Spain (ugh!) and my savings account is free from use on other things.
    I've not used Windows in a year, and I've been trying to move to another OS for the last few years (basically, since XP came out), but I had a few issues with bad hardware, but I've got some better stuff in my box now (Belkin WiFi over Actiontec WiFi, a more powerful Intel CPU, more RAM, a 256Mb GeForce 6600 graphics card and 2 Seagate HDD's).
    I miss nothing from Windows to be honest, and if I do ever go for a commercial OS again, it will be OS X Leopard (which is what I'm holding out for as OS X has lacked multiple desktop support, which is one thing I love about Linux and Leopard has Spaces, which are the same thing basically).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Nuvo wrote: »
    OS X has lacked multiple desktop support
    "third party software". :)
  • PapworthPapworth Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I have always used Windows.. never really given much thought to any of the others.. :rolleyes:
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    "third party software". :)

Yes, there's 3rd party software for it, but why bother when Leopard will probably be out or near release by the time I've got enough money to buy an Intel powered iMac?
    Having it built in also saves the hassle of installing it myself as although both OS X and Linux make installing things easier than Windows in their own ways, that still doesn't cover up the fact that I'm lazy :P

P.S.
    I am correct in saying that Windows makes installing more annoying.
    Under a decent Linux distro like Ubuntu, you just fire up an app, click on what you want and it downloads it and installs for you.
    If you have to install an app yourself, there's GUI's for debian packages and autopackage files (though I usually use good old apt-get).
    Under OS X, it's also easier to install apps as far as I'm aware as it's just a case of putting the executable into your applications folder or something (I haven't used a Mac since the clear plastic power mac was considered powerful, so I could be wrong).
    I do so hate searching, downloading and running through some mind numbing installer just to get some useful apps, don't you?
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!