Learning & Playing

I've discovered for me the best way to learn is to play, it just seems to work best for me. Anyway I am changing my site over ready for xmas now it's December. As I was updating my pages I had a sudden thought, you know the one's
"what if I move this there and that there, change the px width to x etc etc"

So I opened notepad and off I went..I quickly made a header in psp, and threw it up. Now I think it still needs tweaking here and there and remember I am still a beginner but I would love some feedback on the layout..ignore the TEST PAGE header lol, I literally threw it together in 10 seconds so I could work out my header space etc etc.

Can I also ask that you don't leave any comments in the cbox..the cbox is connected to my main site so any messages left on the test page will show up everywhere else. It's there so I could get a feel for the size lol

I'm dribling on now so I'll get back to changing my pages to xmassy ones...

whoops nearly forgot here's the link to my test page
http://lollypopdesigns.co.uk/testpage/TEST.html

Thanks in advance for any comments/critism's
"I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
My Deviantart

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    fiona2412 wrote: »
    whoops nearly forgot here's the link to my test page
    http://lollypopdesigns.co.uk/testpage/TEST.html
    Thanks in advance for any comments/critism's

I like the layout Fiona. Do you just want us to look at the layot? There was not much there yet to review but it seemed good. You can post URL's by the way. I tell people in introductions to do the w ww.website.com because they need 15 posts before they can post a URL.
    Hey I left a nice comment for you in your comment box :glasses2:
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    Thanks DN :D I'm just after feedback on the layout as opposed to the content. I am thinking about selling templates after xmas so am practising different idea's. Once I feel confident enough I will start to sell them and start learning something like php and then I can expand myself and hopefully sell some different templates...there's only so much I can do with html, although it has come in handy for cheating on ebay lol
    Hubby is always on at me that I have a website that doesn't make money. Moddy came up with the idea of me selling templates. I know it won't make me loads of cash but if I make enough to pay for my hosting and maybe a few tube packs lol, I'll be a happy bunny.

I have a couple of other template idea's but they need some more work on them.

Haven't got the message in my cbox :( maybe because I keep messing with it lol

Hugs
    Fi
    x

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Fi the CBox overlaps the center content on 800x600, fits perfectly in 1024x768 and has a large white space between center and right on 1280x1024 :)
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    I work it 1024x768..I need to work out how to make my pages so they view right in all sizes.........arrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhh
    Back the drawing board then.

*sits thinking*

How do I view in different screen resolutions?

Thanks Moddy :D

My Site
    My Deviantart
    Haven't got the message in my cbox :( maybe because I keep messing with it lol
    Hugs
    Fi

LOL, na, was just messing with you about leaving you a message in your cbox because you specifically told us not to. No message was left :D
    Thought I was losing it lol..it was almost 5am before I got into bed....hubby would be furious if he knew I'd stayed up that late lol. I told him I was in bed for 2am....I don't think he believes as today I look like a zombie lol

My Site
    My Deviantart
    Thought I was losing it lol..it was almost 5am before I got into bed....hubby would be furious if he knew I'd stayed up that late lol. I told him I was in bed for 2am....I don't think he believes as today I look like a zombie lol

Oh my gosh! You stayed up until 5am to see my "cbox message"? Or you were up until 5am working on your site?
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    She's addicted to PSP and the Internet :rofl:
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    yeap what Moddy said lol...I was working on changing all my pages over to my xmas layout :D

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    It looks good :D I really like it.
    Thanks Cazzy :D

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • omoiomoi Junior Member Shared Hoster
    This is really nice. I like the color scheme. Simple. Yet grand. Hehehe. :D Good job! I love it like a McDonald's commercial
    Chou: butterfly...
    omoi: thought; mind; heart; feelings; emotion; sentiment; love; affection; desire; wish; hope; expectation; imagination; experience...
    chou omoi
    butterflyspirit
  • nmallarenmallare Beginner Link Clerk
    I've come back to this "review" many times, and now feel compelled to reply.

I like the idea. Simple and to the point. However, you need some more graphics. A graphic for the headers, or sub-headers, or something. I've seen the work on the front page of lollypopdesigns.co.uk/index.html [on the right] and I know you're capable [or atleast Barbara is =P]. It's just too simply. However, it does load fast, which is ALWAYS a plus. So, you'll need to find a happy median.

Nick