Rebelagent

I love forums and especially web development forums. I'm not that good at design or coding but I have great ideas that I can design the basics of and sell the idea. With that I make 50% of my income :)

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hi rebelagent and welcome to WebmasterPost :D
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    Hi and Welcome :D
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Welcome to the forum :D
  • rebelagentrebelagent Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Thanks guys I'm liking it already and it's growing really fast :)
  • PapworthPapworth Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Welcome rebelagent, and thanks for your comments in some of my threads, it's much appreciated. :)
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    rebelagent wrote: »
    I'm not that good at design or coding but I have great ideas that I can design the basics of and sell the idea. With that I make 50% of my income :)
    Welcome Rebelagent! Tell us more about designing and selling your ideas. So you work with a designer and tell them your ideas and they design it?

When your not designing, what do you like to do online? Video games?
    Welcome Rebelagent! Tell us more about designing and selling your ideas. So you work with a designer and tell them your ideas and they design it?

When your not designing, what do you like to do online? Video games?

Well I design also in fact I have 2 DTP(Desktop Publishing) certificates. Well one that I can find I'm sure the other one is no good anymore. I don't develop in flash I don't believe it is user friendly unless its an animation, movie, or game. Site have it all mixed up about flash now lol.

The site that got me really happy when I sold it was adhocpost for $850.00 It was making about $300 profit each month. I was only 16-17 when I developed that site :) I've always been an entrepreneur since I was very young. Start learning HTML and javascript when I was 11 and developing online communities since. I havn't had much success with an online community but I have had success with other business. Sadly offline I can't manage to get a job because I'm not bilingual or finished with High School yet. I do have a developed idea I may be releasing in late January that many advertisers will like :)

When I'm not designing I am playing MMORPGs such as Newage3.com and Age of Empires. Sci Fi and mythological games are my fave. Also a big fan of runescape.com been with them since the start. :)

I also maintain my hosting community it used to be free and many of my clients love it there because I am friendly and encourage growth. All my free clients know they can stay with me as long as I can afford them. I help them learn the webmaster world and tools of the trade. They in turn offer me services I otherwise couldn't get without a lot of money.

I love communities I just have never been apart of a succesful one :\ someday someday. lol.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    rebelagent wrote: »
    I also maintain my hosting community it used to be free and many of my clients love it there because I am friendly and encourage growth. All my free clients know they can stay with me as long as I can afford them. I help them learn the webmaster world and tools of the trade. They in turn offer me services I otherwise couldn't get without a lot of money.
    Fascinating. What is the web address of your hosting community? Can you give us newbies advice about starting a hosting business? What mistakes should we avoid?
    Fascinating. What is the web address of your hosting community? Can you give us newbies advice about starting a hosting business? What mistakes should we avoid?

For starters don't start one like i did ;). LOL. You'll won't to research hosting needs. You'll also need to decide what type of Operating System you want to have on your server. If you have enough for 2 different kinds go for it (common OS Linux Windows)

Be sure they have a good panel. The best panel in my opinion is CPanel it's great for noobies and easy to manage for you.

Another thing....if you don't have at least 40% of your day to dedicate to support don't bother. Or higher...which costs a lot. Support, Uptime, and Price is the game. If you can put 100% into all of it then you'll make it to the top.

Another thing you'll need is at least $500 to start out with...rent a dedicated server monthly from main BIG INDUSTRIES like theplanet.com or other such server providers...don't go with ebay or someone else. You'll just end up having to charge too much to your clients.

Another thing....you won't be able to make it big just by advertising to anyone...Target a group. In the hosting business there's there's about 10 different main groups here's a few: Small Local Businesses, Social Networking, File hots(includes image hosting), developers, portfolios, and games. Don't go for bandwidth eaters you'll notice that will dissappear fast if you get an image host or file hoster on your server. Try to start out small and work your way up :).

I just host small business and developers.
  • chiragchirag Member NAT Warrior
    Welcome to the forum.:D
  • ayushsinhalayushsinhal Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Hi rebelagent and welcome to forum