B*tch Desktop PSP (Tutorial Contest)

fiona2412fiona2412 MemberNAT Warrior
81477-r.jpg

B*tch Desktop

This tutorial was written by Fiona Pomfrett on September 15th 2006. Any resemblance to any other tutorial is coincidental. Do not copy and paste this tutorial any where on the net. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is strictly forbidden. If you have any problems please contact me HERE

For this tutorial you will need
:PSP - Any Version
:3 Images of your choice or mine Here
:Font of your choice
:Mura's Copies

Before we start I'd like to thank Jackie for spurring me on to write this tutorial, with a few hints dropped I've finally written it. It's quite a basic tutorial and I hope oiver the coming weeks to write a few more indepth tutorials. Also if you would like to see a full size version of what we are making today scoll to the bottom of the thread for a clickable link, made for Jackie as a thank you. This desktop is also available for download in the dekstop section of my site.

Now on to the tutorial

-:1:-
Open up a new canvas 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600 depending on your own desktop size. Flood fill with white, rename this layer background.

-:2:-
Add the 3 of the tubes each on new layers, resize 2 of them by 75%, which 2 is up to you

-:3:-
Line up the 2 resized tubes in the top left of your canvas, overlap them slightly
81480-r.jpg

-:4:-
With your preset shape tool set to rectangle, settings as below,
81481-r.jpg

foreground black, background null
Draw a rectangle around the two small tubes
81482-r.jpg

Convert to raster

-:5:-
Drag the rectangle above the tube layers, hide the background and the big tube, merge, visible the other 2 smaller tubes and the rectangle
Duplicate the merged layer, hide the merged layer and working on the original,
Effects, Plugins, Mura's Copies
81483-r.jpg

Lower the opactiy of this layer to about 50%

-:6:-
Unhide the dupilcated layer and add a drop shadow
81484-r.jpg

-:7:-
Unhide the big tube and drag it to the top of the layer palette
Draw a rectangle around this tube as you did before HOWEVER, make the width 5 instead of 3 and make the box wider than the tube
81485-r.jpg

Convert to raster

-:8:-
Using your magic wand click inside the rectangle, selections, modify, expand by 1 pixel
Add a new layer, move it below the tube and rectangle layer and floodfill with white
Deselect, add a drop shadow to your tube

-:9:-
Grab your text tool and select your font, I'm using Will & Grace, size 72, foreground null, background black
Type out your desired text
Place it at the top above the big tube, add a drop shadow

-:10:-
Add a 5 pixel black border, image, add borders, symetric checked
Add your tagged by info and any copyright, save as a jpg

All Done

81479-t.jpg
"I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
My Deviantart