Newbie Question: How to Save Changes to Animated Gif Without Ruining?

Here's a newbie question as I don't know how to use animated Gif.

I want to add words to an animated Gif but everytime I try, it ruins the animation. What program do I need to use to make these changes? Any advice?

The 1st attached image is the animated gif working correctly before I try to change it.
The 2nd attached image is the ruined animated gif after I've add words to it.
Thanks!

Comments

• WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Have you tried photoshop?
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    With the little experience I've had with GIF's I've found it's easier to start again rather than amend an old one :banghead:
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    WatchOut wrote: »
    Have you tried photoshop?

Not yet, thanks WatchOut.
    LurkinBack wrote: »
    With the little experience I've had with GIF's I've found it's easier to start again rather than amend an old one
    Thanks lurk, I might have to :o
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Ok, you should try i think it might work.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Animated gifs can be created with Adobe Imageready, which comes together with the Adobe Photoshop Suite... It's basically the same as a Fla and a SWF, standard you can not edit the SWF, you can edit the Fla though, in other words:

The final product can't be edited standard, the RAW can. Consider the Animated Gif as a final product...

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Your problem there seems to be that:
    1: You're not using an application which can edit animated GIF files.
    2: You're saving with a lower quality setting, which is causing the loss of detail and overall graininess.

The GIMP can open animated GIF files and it splits the frames down into layers (like Photoshop layers), meaning it makes editing frames within the image easier.
    GIMP saves GIF files using each layer as a frame unless you tell it to merge the layers into one image (since GIF doesn't handle layers).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Thanks Nuvo and xPure!

Nuvo, with Gimp, can the final product be edited? Or just the RAW can be edited like in Photoshop imageready?
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'm pretty sure that it doesn't save it so that it can be edited like a .PSD or Fireworks .PNG as that would make the images unsuitable for some things such as web use where the extra data needed to record what goes where would increase the size of the file.
    It's more logical to have you save as a file type such as .PSD as well as exporting to an animated .GIF as that would negate the file size issue while still allowing you to easily edit the image contents.
    This is why applications like Fireworks have both .PNG saving and .PNG exporting (since Fireworks uses .PNG files to save editable images, though these can stil be viewed as normal .PNG images).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Nuvo wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that it doesn't save it so that it can be edited like a .PSD or Fireworks .PNG as that would make the images unsuitable for some things such as web use where the extra data needed to record what goes where would increase the size of the file.
    It's more logical to have you save as a file type such as .PSD as well as exporting to an animated .GIF as that would negate the file size issue while still allowing you to easily edit the image contents.
    This is why applications like Fireworks have both .PNG saving and .PNG exporting (since Fireworks uses .PNG files to save editable images, though these can stil be viewed as normal .PNG images).

Ah! Thanks Nuvo
  • SoummaTawSoummaTaw Junior Member Shared Hoster
    The most apparent components of any home theater system would be the display unit #LINK2# together with the audio speakers in fact the most important part of any home theater system could be the #LINK3# Audio-video receiver because doing so brings together every one of the human being #LINK4# factors and ensures that they perform collectively and they are synchronized. The #LINK5# AV individual could possibly be the cardiovascular in the program #LINK6# which is where by you command what you want to entire. This publish-up #LINK7# will show up in the home theatre Audio-video phone reviews - #LINK8# them and some of the operates you must to take into consideration.

An Audio-video #LINK9# phone is exactly in which every one of the video and audio elements #LINK10# be connected. Right after successfully hooking up the display unit and presenter #LINK11# you will have the ability to figure out which sound system you wish to pay attention to or which #LINK12# machine it is advisable to scene on the exhibit, maybe it's a Video, #LINK13# video, standard Television set or maybe a a digital radio station #LINK14# train station.

The device have a built in airwaves tuner #LINK15# that might be utilized to pick up FMVersusAM radio stations. It's possible to #LINK16# pay attention to airwaves and Compact disc& 039s via your home theater system. These #LINK17# will probably be handled through the Audio-video recipient.

The multichannel audio #LINK18# facet of a residence movie theater shall be manipulated through the #LINK19# Audio-video radio. Without requiring groing through AV individual #LINK20# assessments just before shopping for had the ability to injure your purses. The #LINK21# receiver will decode digital good forms, whether Dolby or DTS in order that the #LINK22# greatest noise outcome moves for the accurate #LINK23# phone speaker. This is certainly a significant characteristic of any home theater system #LINK24# and produces the mental impact when watching a film.

The individual #LINK25# can also get an in constructed amplifier that should signify the control over #LINK26# good amount will go with the device.

Ultimately, the #LINK27# device models the beauty on the town show. The all vital #LINK28# remote control belongs to the av device. There might also be an interface for #LINK29# taking a application which is displayed on screen to become proficient #LINK30# to check out what you're task.

If you're having a entire #LINK31# dwelling show procedure then your Audio-video device #LINK32# will likely be appropriate just how other elements but if you're attaining it #LINK33# separately you can examine that it really is like-minded one more reasons why AV recipient articles are vital. Predominantly this worries the quality of contacts at the back of the radio. Be sure that you can get more than enough speaker contacts. Be sure there are going to be compatible connections for the training video systems that you just will most likely be making use of using your home show process, this can contain a VCR and Disc battler.
  • SoummaTawSoummaTaw Junior Member Shared Hoster
    The simple pieces of any home theater system will be the display unit #LINK2# plus the audio system but in reality the key to any home entertainment system would be the #LINK3# AV radio because doing so combines most of the person #LINK4# parts and signifies that they accomplish with each other and they are synchronized. The #LINK5# AV phone could possibly be the soul on the technique #LINK6# and it is where by you manage what you would like to complete. This produce-up #LINK7# can look in your house cinema Audio-video phone evaluations - #LINK8# the things they're doing and a handful of the capabilities you really need to consider.

An Audio-video #LINK9# individual is exactly the place most of the video and audio factors #LINK10# join. Following effectively linking the screen and lecturer #LINK11# you are likely to have the ability to pick which audio speakers you should hear or which #LINK12# device you'll want to approach to the display, maybe it's a Dvd and blu-ray, #LINK13# video clip, common Television or simply a digital camera airwaves #LINK14# station.

The receiver have a produced in airwaves tuner #LINK15# that is certainly utilized to pick up FM/AM radio. It is easy to #LINK16# pay attention to radio station and Dvd&Number039s by means of your home entertainment system. These #LINK17# will probably be handled with the AV radio.

The multichannel surround sound #LINK18# aspect of a house movie are going to be controlled from the #LINK19# Audio-video receiver. Lacking going over AV device #LINK20# reviews previous to buying had the ability to damage your pouches. The #LINK21# device will decode the digital sound models, whether they are Dolby or DTS so your #LINK22# best good influence runs towards appropriate #LINK23# phone speaker. It is an important element of the home theater system #LINK24# and fosters the over emotional effect if you watch a film.

The receiver #LINK25# will also have an in constructed amplifier that will imply the power over #LINK26# appear quantity go via the receiver.

Eventually, the #LINK27# device units the artistic of the home theatre. The all essential #LINK28# handheld control belongs to the av individual. There could also be an program for #LINK29# utilizing the software that is certainly shown on display screen to really succeed #LINK30# to discover what you're really venture.

In case you are acquiring a overall #LINK31# home movie theater program then your AV recipient #LINK32# will most likely be appropriate just how other pieces but for anyone who is getting it #LINK33# individually you can even examine that it truly is suitable yet one more good reason why AV individual surveys are vital. Mainly this concerns the number of relationships in the rear of the device. Just remember to will find plenty of phone speaker associations. Make sure there is going to be compatible contacts for all the online video units that you just will likely be using using your residence theater process, this can include a VCR and Dvd movie person.