http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6035121170646340376
My Gallery
WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
Founder of TWInc
Profession: KMA
I am not a purple people eater :p

Comments

• stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    I have mobile phone videos of my dog uploaded to youtube LOL. He does some crazy things sometimes. I love youtube and googlevideo :D when im down, they always have something to cheer me up :D
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I use YouTube a fair bit, but I've only just got Flash to play fair with Firefox 2 by installing Flash 9 Beta by hand (the Linux version of Flash 9 is still beta).

If you want howto's, there's also VideoJug, a movie dedicated to user created howto and learning movies.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    ack! poor little hamster LOL
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Katra wrote: »
    Anyone else a fan of this site? I find some of the clips hilarious
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6035121170646340376

:rofl: Poor hamster indeed!

Katra, you probably knew that www.Video.Goolge.com was Googles unsuccessful attempt to compete with YouTube.com. After Google realized that they were'nt cutting it, they gave in and bought YouTube.com.

Any thoughts on what Google will do with Video.Google.com now? I'm thinking they'll just leave both up and going.
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I would certainly not say "Unsuccesful"... Check out the number of movies added there. Sure, it may be 2nd best compared to YouTube, but that's a hell of a lot better than being 1000th place to YouTube, like a lot of sites...
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    I would certainly not say "Unsuccesful"... Check out the number of movies added there. Sure, it may be 2nd best compared to YouTube, but that's a hell of a lot better than being 1000th place to YouTube, like a lot of sites...
    Good point CBG. Was Video.Google 2nd to YouTube? Who was 3rd? (And I bet the 3rd place site is pretty happy that they just slid into 2nd!
    I actually, don't know of any other sites, except one - the name of which escapes me - which is aimed more at informational videos than the randomness that is google/youtube.
    I would also say that google did not lose the 2nd place, they just now own the 1st AND 2nd places. ;)
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Google will probably merge the two at some point.
    I doubt they'll destroy YouTube as it's the more popular site, so it's possible that they will fold some of Google Video's features, such as the pay-per-view stuff into YouTube.
    YouTube also had the contract to host music video's before Google bought the site, so that's another advantage.

One other thing Google could do is to modify their Google Video service to be a purely commercial service, meaning that while YouTube covers random stuff that people upload, Google Video would serve as something more like a sort of YouTube Premium or Gold service, giving users access to premium content such as TV shows and movie content.

All Google really needs now is some form of social networking service and they'll pretty much have the web by it's dangly bits, especially if they continue to allow their services to overlap by some degree as you could log into your personal Google page and get your searching, e-mail, RSS, site and movie updates all in one place.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Nuvo wrote: »
    All Google really needs now is some form of social networking service and they'll pretty much have the web by it's dangly bits, especially if they continue to allow their services to overlap by some degree as you could log into your personal Google page and get your searching, e-mail, RSS, site and movie updates all in one place.

Orkut
  • ConstanceConstance Junior Member Shared Hoster
    They will be the biggest conglomerate ever...it's kinda sad cause I think they'll also buy out Walmart and the internet and just make the Googlenet and Google-Mart.
  • fiona2412fiona2412 Member NAT Warrior
    Had to laugh at Google-Mart

We have Asda in the UK, a company owned by walmart. The bags say Asda part of the Walmart family. I can just imagine doing my online shopping at google-asda-mart online lol
    "I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
    My Deviantart