Always need to be connected?

pfgannonpfgannon ModeratorAdministrator
I thought this up after reading the internet withdrawl thread...
With the ways to stay connected becoming easier and easier do you find it hard to be away from your tech toys?

And I don't just mean the net. I mean cell phones, people bringing their laptops everywhere. Even PDA's make it possible to basically have a computer in your palm.

I went out of the country last year to Italy and was unable to use my phone or get online, I almost suffered an anxiety attack!(not really)
Even when I forget my cell at home, I feel naked and am afraid I'll miss a call.

Anyone else get these tendancies?

Comments

• stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    When i first got my new cell phone, it used to go to the ladies room with me at home, but just because I used to send loads of texts and stuff on it, and play games. Now though, since my computer is downstairs, it stays by the pc. I dont think im too scared to be away from my tech toys (nice term there :D ) too long, but i couldnt manage a holiday without the internet or a computer. Id prob also have to take a complete backup on disk of all my fonts and PSP tubes lmao. In fact, if it was a case of going to the future parent in law's i would probably demand that one of them hand over their laptop to me lmao, just so i could have my PSP.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    pfgannon wrote: »
    do you find it hard to be away from your tech toys?

And how Gannon, very hard. When my cell phone is not around I feel like my boss will call and I'll miss something important.
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    It's ironic, but such things will always happen Deluxe =P.

Well, I'm not really a net addict, I never play PC games and I still use my crappy Sony Ericson K300I Mobile Phone. I ?m addicted to my consoles though, they're... mine:cool:

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    mobile phones are even more important to me... i cannot survive a single day without my mobile phone - work-related. i get calls everyday and if i cannot get contacted, there'll be trouble. ;)