How Often Do You Use Skype?

So I may be a little late for the party, but i like using www.Skype.com.

How many of you also use Skype? If so, how often and who do you talk to on it?

Comments

• WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Yeah i use Skype, pretty often like every week, i normally just use it for PC to PC call since you hear it really awesome, it's not like Instant Messengers etc.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I have Skype installed, but I've never actually bothered to use it as I'd have to actually... you know... talk to people :P
    IRC and forums are more my kind of thing.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Nuvo wrote: »
    I have Skype installed, but I've never actually bothered to use it as I'd have to actually... you know... talk to people :P
    IRC and forums are more my kind of thing.

LOL, I understand. But I bet your joking, no? You don't like to talk to people via phone? How come?
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'm just not a very chatty person and I'm much better with a keyboard.
    It's also a fair bit harder to say code than it is to type it, and coding makes up a fair amount of the stuff I do online.
    I have a mobile phone if I need to ring anyone (ok, so I've probably got 4, but who's counting?) and generally, the whole idea of being tied to a PC for the sake of free calls to the limited number of people you know that use Skype just doesn't do anything for me.
    Most of my time spent talking on the phone is just me saying I might be home late or that I've done something I set out to do (such as selling something while I'm out in the city center).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    I have it installed, but dont actually know anyone that uses it. Plus, even if I did, people have enough trouble understanding me on the phone thanks to my apparantly hard to understand scottish accent :-S
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Nuvo wrote: »
    generally, the whole idea of being tied to a PC for the sake of free calls to the limited number of people you know that use Skype just doesn't do anything for me.

Did you know that in the U.S., until the end of the year, you can call from Skype to any landline or cell phone for free. It's also free to receive calls from landlines and cell phones to your Skype number. After the beginning of the year, you will have to pay.
    I have it installed, but dont actually know anyone that uses it. Plus, even if I did, people have enough trouble understanding me on the phone thanks to my apparantly hard to understand scottish accent.

LOL, you'd be very popular here in the US with your Scotish accent. People in the US think English/Scottish accents are very sophisticated, cool.
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Ive had it installed for a while now, but I've maybe only made 2 calls.
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I love Skype really a lot. It's great :) Nice connection too, the call quality is great!
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    My ex boss had just started bringing Skype into the office for communication with customers. What would've helped is the rest of them being able to use it :banghead:
  • design1design1 Beginner Link Clerk
    I'm with Nuvo I don't spend a lot of time on the phone. Infact I try to avoid it. However I need to be more social, so here I am in forums :)
    Templates Resource - Thousands of Web Templates, Web Graphics, Scripts, Tutorials, SEO Tools and more!!
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    All phones should be destroyed - terrible things LOL
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    MGDesigns wrote: »

Moddy noooo, dont say that, they are handy for yelling at men down, when they say they have an appointment somewhere and end up spending hours swilling beer in a pub, whilst the significant other spends hours cleaning up THEIR mess, while suffering with trapped nerves in their necks and shoulders, just because the inlaws are dropping in uninvited for the weekend (and between us and the forum, just a bit unwanted this time too.)

So no, dont destroy all the phones just yet ;) ;)
  • SweetSweet Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Yeps lets destroy all phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • design1design1 Beginner Link Clerk
    Yes, I would love to destroy all phones but stusangelcaz has a great point.. lol
    Templates Resource - Thousands of Web Templates, Web Graphics, Scripts, Tutorials, SEO Tools and more!!
    I'm with you Sweet and I have a hammer ready and waiting ;)
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    Can I borrow that hammer when your done moddy to whack a certain male with it ;)
    Nope, I'm not getting involved Caz LOL
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    lmao LOL Nah, if I want to yell at my other half I just collar him on messenger! Yes we are in the same room!

Hammer on standby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl
    Only prob with that is sweet, is that its too darn easy to hit the block button LOL
    Thats where the hammer comes in lol!
    LMFAO never thought of that
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    MGDesigns wrote: »
    Sweet wrote: »
    Yeps lets destroy all phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but.... I love my phone... :cry:

cr64brushedbrassra0.jpg
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

LOL I love my future phone, Its a pink feathery thing from Tesco Direct lmao
    LOL I love my future phone, Its a pink feathery thing from Tesco Direct lmao

No comment :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I suppose its one wa to get your ear tickled once you've blocked your hubby :p
    I could think of better ways *whistles* :D
    ROFLMAO

How much of that Vodka have you downed Sweet? :rofl:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    Not nearly enough yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao
  • I did have it installed on comp but only used it a few times talking to a friend on line.. then u had all these werid blokes buzzing u all the time..lol so i uninstalled it ..