Is Internet Withdrawl Real?

When someone addicted to the internet looses the internet for a while, is that like an alcoholic going through withdrawl? Can we really say the internet is addictive?

Can you be addicted to things like TV or Movies?

Comments

• KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    They say the internet is an addiction just like smoking or drinking......I go nuts when I can't connect lol
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
  • stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    The internet is addictive. For me, its my only real link to making friends and such. I dont go out that often, because of my health and its a godsend :D

I yell scream and swear at the family when my computer stuffs up and i cant get online LOL
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    i can vouch for internet addiction too... :(

i get really restless when i cannot get a connection to the internet and check on my sites and the forum circuit.
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I accidently left my laptop at work last night and was unable to check my stats, forums, earnings, etc. It was a tough night!
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Hmm, I'm like a mad priate without her bottle of rum if I cannot get online, even if I do nothing but turn on the computer and leave it connected to the internet, I need to know its on and there. LOL
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
  • stusangelcazstusangelcaz Member NAT Warrior
    I must admit, ive been worrying this week because im waiting for a new power supply, and fans for the pc. everything still works a-ok but the power supply is a bit noisy after 3 years, so im renewing everything. Ive been worrying sick that the power supply is gonna fail on me :(. Id go insane without my PC.
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    The internet is addictive. For me, its my only real link to making friends and such. I dont go out that often, because of my health and its a godsend :D

I yell scream and swear at the family when my computer stuffs up and i cant get online LOL

Okay, I can imagine why you should be online =).

For me: nah, I'm no net addicted. I like to be online, but it's not like "I have to be online, or else...". Honestly: I check my e-mail 20 times a day and my msn is always on... does that mean I'm addicted? :eek:

Oh well, as already mentioned in another topic: I'm addicted to my console collection ^^.

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]