Viper Creations : Redesigned!

danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P.VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Alright guys i have completely redesigned Viper Creations!

I plan to stick on this design, so if you have an issue with it you can go **** yourself. :p just kidding, i'd love to hear your criticism on it, please!

I've switched designs oh i dunno how many times, but i love this one!

www.vipercreations.com

Tell me what you think! (registering at my humble forums wouldn't hurt either :p )

Thanks!!!
ban1.gif

Comments

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i like it, i dont think the link to the forums is working correctly as it says theres no page located where he link goes to
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    what page were you on when you clicked on the forums link? it works for me.
    ban1.gif
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Site looks great!
    Guessing by your post I'm assuming you got this for free?
    Where can I find similar top quality designs?(i promise not to use the same on ;) )
    hehe. yes it is a free design. i'm sorry i am not going to give out the url. they have some great designs though. so sorry :p

(its easy to find!)
    ban1.gif
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    danielneri wrote: »
    Alright everybody, pop the champagne bottles!
    After lots of turmoil, Viper Creations is finally up and running with a brand new look and a barrage of new content
    Please bear with us in the initial stages as we get going and continue to tweak things around here.
    If you have not done so already, please register in our forums!

Again, welcome to Viper Creations and we hope you visit us again, soon!
    Thank You,
    Daniel Neri
    Nice Work Daniel! Viper Creations is a cool name. Sounds dangerous.

I would like to see a, "About" link with some info/history about Viper Creations. The thing I'm missing when I get to this site is the meat of it. Something to answer this question, "What is Viper Creations all about?" "What can Viper Creations do for me?"

Is it your design firm Daniel?

How did you know he started from a free design Tony by the way?
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    This kind of gives it away, doesn't it :D
    [html]
    <!-- Hello, this is from the view source because I am too much of a nerd to be doing interesting things. -->

<!-- CODED BY OPSERTY.COM
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    COPYRIGHT CLANTEMPLATES.COM 2006
    -->[/html]

I like the look of the site even if 3 column layouts are an endangered thing these days.
    It works pretty well in FireFox 1.5.x on a 1024x768 resolution screen, but at lower resolutions or in small screen mode, it doesn't fare so well as it's not a fluid template (if you're on such a low resolution, all I can say is "HA! BUY A NEW MONITOR!" and if you're using a phone or PSP to surf the net, you need mental help).
    The code could do with a quick scrub as well as it has 21 Tidy warnings which could be easily sorted by remembering to use & for ampersands in URL's and by not having empty tags such as <h1></h1> (if this is required, a comment will get around this being an issue :D).
    Also, if you're using XHTML 1.0 Strict as your DTD, slashes are required in meta tags to close them.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Nuvo wrote: »
    This kind of gives it away, doesn't it :D
    [html]
    <!-- Hello, this is from the view source because I am too much of a nerd to be doing interesting things. -->

<!-- CODED BY OPSERTY.COM
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    COPYRIGHT CLANTEMPLATES.COM 2006
    -->[/html]
    LOL! Good find Nuvo!
    but nobody bothers to look at the source :p

im in the process of sorting that out so i can remove the copyright. for now i don't care, i just wanna get the site going :D

however, nuvo, in ie6 it looks horrible the news is all messed up. There still are a few things to fix, though thanks for your kind words guys.

man, for a second i was wondering where the hell you got that Hello this is from the view source bit then i got it :p

i'll try and fix the validation errors soon

thanks guys!
    ban1.gif
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    I like it :)
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
    thanks for the kind words guys.

Deluxe i'll add an about section asap

thanks!
    ban1.gif
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Not bad, but I recognize that template =O.

One thing: I would change the fonts to Tahoma or Verdana.It looks more professional =).

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

ok ill play around with the fonts.

and i can care less if they recognize the template or not, if i provide good enough content thats good enough for me :D

EDIT:

ok i added an about page.
    http://www.vipercreations.com/about.php
    will that suffice?

also i started adding some tutorials to pixel2life. after a few mins as #2 on their homepage, i received over 70 unique visitors!
    man im so happy!!
    ban1.gif
    ok i added an about page.
    http://www.vipercreations.com/about.php
    will that suffice?

Much better! :) Now when I come I'm like, ah! Viper Creations can design and program my website for me, let me consider them.

Who's your 2nd man, the designer?

Never ever be dishonest, but there is certain things you don't have to disclose in Viper Creation's history, like I would not include:
    "Viper Creations originally opened the week of the 16th of October, back in 2005. We stayed open for about two months, and then decided to redesign and closed up for almost 9 months."

I might change that to:
    "Viper Creations first opened in October'05. Since that time we have been taking on challenging projects and honing our skills. We are an energetic and enthusiastic team. Contact us for a free price quote on something we can do for you.{@}
    its actually a tutorial site community thingy. not at all a design firm, or i would have made my own template :p

its similar to things like visualdesigncore, greycobra, etc.

and yeah the 2nd man is my best bud, he does all my graphics for me. works great ey? :p
    ban1.gif
    its actually a tutorial site community thingy. not at all a design firm, or i would have made my own template :p
    its similar to things like visualdesigncore, greycobra, etc.
    and yeah the 2nd man is my best bud, he does all my graphics for me. works great ey? :p

LOL! :) I totally misunderstood thinking this was your design/programming business site. My bad, ignore some of that advice then. It's looking good.

Tell your desinger buddy to get off his tucas and start making you a custom site :rofl:
    yeah he made one but nobody liked it :(

so i just got a free one :p

also, should i still keep the about section?
    ban1.gif
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    The site looks great mate, i like it
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
    yeah he made one but nobody liked it :(

so i just got a free one :p

also, should i still keep the about section?

Yup. I coundn't figure out what the site was about so keep the about section but change the about to describe what the site is (Tutorial Community, or whatever you want to call it).

I'd still get rid of the thing about took you 9 months to get it back up. No one needs to know that and it might reflect poorly. Give yourself good press :)