Bryce 6.0 Released

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Daz3D released Bryce 6.0 this morning and are offering it for $6 to those that have a Platinum Club account (which I do). I'm also glad I have PC in Daz3D as it's certainly NOT worth the $99 for non-PC accounts.

The preview pane is smaller than the one in 5.5 (They had said in a feature preview 2 months ago that the size of this pane would be increased)

The camera controls, buttons etc are pixellated

Rendering takes just as long as 5.5 if not longer (I'm yet to test on premium anti-aliasing), estimated time to render is tempermental (gives a short time till it gets to 50% then jumps up). For example I opened a 5.5 Bryce file, estimated time said 1hr 37 minutes till it got to 50% done and then changed to 17hrs 18 mins.

Bryce 6.0 in my opinion is not living upto the standard or features that Daz3D had promised it would...
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    I agree with you Moddy, I am afraid to say that it is a huge let down!
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    MGDesigns wrote: »
    Daz3D released Bryce 6.0 this morning and are offering it for $6 to those that have a Platinum Club account (which I do). Bryce 6.0 in my opinion is not living upto the standard or features that Daz3D had promised it would...

Wow, that's dissapointing that a highly anticipated release could fall so far short.

Help me understand something, 17hrs 18 min? That's an unimaginable amount of time. What type of files would take this long? I don't think I understand how it could take that long (I believe you, but am shocked into wanting to understand how).
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    Its dependant on the amount of objects in a scene and at what quality of render, but something the size of say 2500 x 2500 pixels at a render that qualifies a printable jpg would take anything from 2 hours to 16 hours in Bryce 5.5. It is also depending on the specs of the computer too. Bryce 6 has a long way to go, the buttons and icons in the program are pixellated, the assessment of the render time is totally wrong and the preview window is smaller than a postage stamp. Its a step backward in design and concept.
    They have thrown in a few extras but that doesn't make up for having to stick your nose on a screen trying to see the preview of a detailed scene you have created lol
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Update on rendering time :)

1024x768 - Normal anti-alias:-
    Estimated: 12 minutes
    Actual: 27 minutes

1024x768 - Super fine anti-alias:-
    Estimated: 1 hour 40 minutes
    Actual: 3 hours

Currently running the same scene at 1024x768 on Premium anti-alias:-
    Estimated: 6 hours
    Actual: 9 hours 50 minutes

Below are the renders from each
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery