stable the values after clicking submit button

sankusanku BeginnerLink Clerk
hi everybody,

is it possible to make the values of a form field as stable until clicking the reset button

===================================

i had read your information but actually i don't know about session,because i am not much familiar with javascript. Will you please explain me about sessions in javascript, actually my problem is that the value of the form field(text boxes) shouldn't be made as null.because i am using two submit buttons in a single form, one to get new values for the same form where the old values of the textboxes shouldn't change.

the other submit button is used to submit the whole(i.e., new and old values of the form)values of the form to next page.

please give me some suggestion about this as soon as possible
thanks in advance

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    This could be done with sessions.
    Basically, you'd use whatever language you're using to create sessions to hold the data from the form and then you could just pull the data from the sessions when you need it, meaning it could be placed back into the form using input value attributes and such.
    Sessions are often better than cookies here as cookies aren't destroyed if the browser closes or the client system is reset.
    It should be possible to keep session usage to a minimum by storing multiple entries in a single session with some form of delimiter between them so that they can be split up when needed.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!