Hotmail vs GMail?

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
For those of you who have used both which do you prefer?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I have both and use gmail for spam and junk...
    Dunno why. GMail is actually easier to use, imo, but, whatever.
    I can cope with HotMail. It works and does what I need it to.

I abstain.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Bit like me then. All my spam and registrations which Il never or rarely use go to my GMail - Hotmail for personal stuff like sending to friends and family :D

The Royal Ram

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    ha. hotmail is the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i love gmail (0% SPAM) and use it for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got hotmail when i was 6 years old. im 13 now and it still sucks.
    ban1.gif
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    When you say GMail 0% Spam - the amount of spam you get is down to who gets your email address... So really whether youve got a hotmail or gmail account they can each be spammed equally... Or were you talking about how good each of them blocks spam?

The Royal Ram

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I have yet to use hotmail, but to say Gmail is 100% spam free would be a false statement.
    My Gmail account has been bombarded with emails which supposedly link to adult sites, but since I have no wish to visit such places (or get the virii which they actually contain), they all get nuked as soon as I spot them >:(
    I don't actually bother with e-mail much anyway, I only have an e-mail account so I can sign up for forums and such as I prefer communicating either via forums or through IRC.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    I've used Hotmail and GMail and I preffer GMail its a way nicer user control panel but i have never relly liked hotmail.
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
    Nuvo wrote:
    I prefer communicating either via forums or through IRC.
    Wow... I've found someone else, outside of IRC, that uses it. :eek:
    What servers do you use, and any particular channels?
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Not really.
    When I use it, I'm usually on irc.whahay.net, but overall, that server sucks (it's the IRC server for gamingw.net).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    I only ever use irc.freenode.net and any bzflag related channels. I have my own, though is rarely used.
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Apples and Oranges.

Everything hotmail has Gmail has. But Gmail doesnt take forever to load everything, like Entertainment news and crap.
    I dont use my email to find out the latest in hollywood but for some reason hotmail insists on having it right there before I can view my inbox.

Much better spam protection from Gmail also. and much more space then I'll ever use ;)