PC Specification

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Im in the process of building up a pc from scratch. Ive been buying the seperate parts and now Ive come down to the final and main bit - motherboard + cpu.

I want to go for an AMD since its a whole lot cheaper but since Im not an expert I dont know what board to choose.

Id like a minimum speed of 2.6ghz or equivelant.

Any suggestions on board/processors?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i wouldnt go for 1 with built in sound graphics etc, may seem cheaper in the long run but if your board breaks then youve lost everything, nd it usually means your board is trying to do more things at once so im not sure but it may slow down the overall speed a little bit
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    well i havent yet got a sound or graphics card so i was thinking of doing this:

buying a board with onboard sound and graphics but the slots so i can expand. So when I get my cards I can slot them in and disable the onboard via the BIOS

The Royal Ram

• AnacrusisAnacrusis Beginner Link Clerk
    I'd recommend the Soyo Dragon motherboards. I've got the Ultra Black edition with an AMD XP2200 and I love it.
    ClubHouse Hosting
    www.clubhousehosting.com
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Don't ask me... I'm mac-mad through and through. ;)
  • SEbasicSEbasic Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Well, we can't all be perfect ;)
    Rave it up.
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Yeah... If Only i had an iPod...
    But lets not worry about me... In fact, lets not even worry about the least perfect people here like you Sebasic... Lets worry about staying on track.

Python, You could just try amazon/kelkoo/whatever and read the specs on ones in your price range... ;)
  • Raven2424Raven2424 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    i think you should post ur price range as then we could give you better examples or tips.
    XR-Host.com Free templates, Tutorials, Scripts and more!! Great Site with lots content from templates, logos, Scripts, Tutorials and more!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    price range is £200 GBP for just the processor and board

The Royal Ram