Who Wants to Someday Quit Your Day Job and Work Only On the Net?

Since I'd love to be one day making so much on the internet that I could quit my day job, I wondered how many others out their share this aspiration?

Can any of you see yourselves someday having an internet business be your primary source of income?

Comments

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    i've been dreaming about that for ages! unfortunately, the money i make from the web is less than pocket money to me... considering the time i've spent on my sites, i don't think i'll be quitting my day job anytime soon... :D
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    personally im not the biggest fan of my day job however i think if my sites were earning say ?20,000 ($35000ish) a year i still think id do atleast part time at my current job as i like the people.

My dream is to be getting between ?5k and ?10k a year from online sites a year (im not even on ?500 yet so i have a way to go) just enough to subsidise my normal work life
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    daboss wrote: »
    i've been dreaming about that for ages! unfortunately, the money i make from the web is less than pocket money to me... considering the time i've spent on my sites, i don't think i'll be quitting my day job anytime soon... :D

But Daboss and Tony, if we don't give up, we WILL make it. I'm an eternal optimist and always wake up ready to go at it again. I'm convinced that too many internet etrepreneurs give up too early. Persistence is king.

By the way, cool BMW Blog Daboss, you're driving a Beamer too? Mine's a 318TI to save on gas.
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    deluxenames - nope :(

tony, 500 quid will be able to buy your many a good beer at the local pub - so that's pretyy good for a part-timer... ;)
  • pink.aquarianpink.aquarian Beginner Link Clerk
    I quit my day job recently and am now working full time on the net. working from home is great because i can work anytime i want. and can even work on my pjs! LOL! no regrets so far. :)
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    I quit my day job recently and am now working full time on the net. working from home is great because i can work anytime i want. and can even work on my pjs! LOL! no regrets so far. :)
    Congradulations on making that jump Pink :)
    You are able to pay your rent/mortgage with your online business?
  • pink.aquarianpink.aquarian Beginner Link Clerk
    hehe. fortunately, got no rent to pay as im staying with my mom. we own the house, so thats not a problem. but im paying for my younger bro's tuition, and oh boy, education is really expensive nowadays. and im also paying for my computer and internet bills. waaaaa. dont know where i would raise the money from!?! LOL. :)