Tutorial Dash go bye bye :/

NuvoNuvo Forum LeaderVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Hi.
As you might know, Python was, at one point, the founder and webmaster of DevDreams, which is now Webmaster Post and is now run by Bryant and Jared.
Python sold DevDreams after his host decided to run away, leaving nothing but some old backups which Python had on his PC.
This killed off $5Link, BigCount, Python Designs, Hosting Dash and the origional Tutorial Dash, which was pretty much all of his Python Designs Network killed off.
Python got ASO hosting and revived DevDreams from the backup and put up "Down for something something" messages on every other address he had.
He rebuilt Tutorial Dash with a new look and more features and produced a more desirable site.
It was then that he decided to put DevDremas on sale, where it was bought by Bryant and turned into what we have here.
Recently, it appears that Tutorial Dash has been sold and will, eventually, be removed from the internet as it's features and forums are integrated into the new owners site, xemion.com.

From the new owner:
tutorialdash.com will be no more, no :-(

The forums will stay, hopefully. They will be upgraded to vbulletin and merged with devlobby.com.

The problem is that I'm not sure I can upgrade this forum to vbulletin. I'm not even sure what kind of forum script it's using. It's very very basic.

Again, let me just make sure I'm clear, the tutorials and the forums will be moved to Xemion.com (if possible) - they won't be deleted or eliminated. Just moved (and redesigned!).

Sitepoint users might have already read about this as he was auctioning the site there, but others were not informed of this until the new owner let them know.
I knew something weird was happening when the entire site died the other day, which was when they were moving servers apparently.
PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
Current project: CMS Object.
Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
Release date: NEVER!!!

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    This was a real suprise to read Nuvo, thanks for this information.

It will be missed. Python, I wish you the best in whatever goal you tackle next, here's to your success :cheers:

I promise you all that WebmasterPost/DevDreams is here to stay permanently. In fact, we are re-designing the C.M.S./frontpage as we speak.

I'm impressed with Python's business skill at selling sites though. I think if I ever want to sell a site, I will see if I can hire Python as a consultant first.
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    when i first joined devdreams (the old name of webmasterpost), p was only 15 - and i was damned impressed. when i was 15 (which is really ages ago), i was still playing marbles... :D
    daboss wrote: »
    when i first joined devdreams (the old name of webmasterpost), p was only 15 - and i was damned impressed. when i was 15 (which is really ages ago), i was still playing marbles... :D

I'm with you Daboss, I was playing video games at 15, dang.
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    I'm with you Daboss, I was playing video games at 15, dang.

:D at least you were playing video games... that's a whole lot more high tech compared to marbles... :eek:
    daboss wrote: »
    :D at least you were playing video games... that's a whole lot more high tech compared to marbles... :eek:

LOL. I have to laugh at these new studies that show kids may actually be improving their brains when they are playing video games like in this article:
    http://www.discover.com/issues/jul-05/features/brain-on-video-games/

Who knew we were doing something good for ourselves when we were just trying to waste time?

I swear I wasted 7 months of my life playing Diablo and it was a total waste. But I did learn how addictive video games were and I never let myself get addicted again :)
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'm pretty sure that most studies into how games effect people envolve puzzle games or games like GTA and FPS's though.

Obviously, puzzle solving video games (Tetris, Lumines and so on) will improve your mental abilities, just like if you were to play sudoku or crosswords, and if you're being timed, you'll be trying to get better times, meaning bigger bonuses, which is where the reactions come from.

Violent games don't always make people violent though.
    I've played most of the Grand Theft Auto games at some point (though they are generally very boring) and I've played games like The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (one of the best 360 games available), which have their fair share of violence and gore, but I've never been in trouble with the police and I'm not violent.
    If you're mentally unstable, then yes, they might mess with your head a bit, but generally, if you can tell the difference between real life and a video game, you're probably not going to go out and commit crimes because of them.
    Sometimes I want to come home from work and get rid of some stress, so I fire up Dead Rising and hunt zombies with a bench (or anything else the game lets you use, which is a lot) for half an hour.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Nuvo wrote: »
    I'm not violent.
    But, I'd bet $100 that, say you had just finished a year of your martial arts classes, and ran into one of those thugs that mugged you (with nobody around), you might be tempted to kick the S*** out of him.
    :violent: :slap: :whip: :boxing: I know I would sure take that opportunity to exact some revenge and I'm not violent either.
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Nuvo wrote: »
    If you're mentally unstable, then yes, they might mess with your head a bit, but generally, if you can tell the difference between real life and a video game, you're probably not going to go out and commit crimes because of them.

Compare that to people that are glued to their television sets that live and breathe soap operas, they can't tell the difference between TV and "RL". Most of them believe that the character is real, when the character does something good or bad on the program they are either commended or abused in some form when spotted in the street...lol
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery