Hello

Hello From Bakersfield, California.

I will be posting some javascript ideas once I figure them out myself.

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hi Bill and welcome to Webmaster Post :D

We'll be looking forward to them :cool:
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator

Wecome Bill and thanks for coming. Have you been programming with Javascript for a while now? How has javascript captured your imagination more than options?

Also, if you have a website up, may we take a look? (Just write it with like: ww w.Website.com to avoid the censor program).
  • Bill_ThompsonBill_Thompson Beginner Link Clerk
    w w w . g e l s a n a . c o m
    and
    w w w . c o m p l e t e t r a n s l a t i o n s . c o m

But I wish I had more time to work on these.
    Javascript is one of the founding components of dynamic html and dynapi is an opensource thingy that uses javascript to do some stuff that looks almost as good as flash (but only with IE)
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hello and welcome.

JavaScript (or, to be more correct, ECMA Script, which is implemented as JavaScript from Sun Microsystems & Netscape \ Mozilla, the origional developers of the standard under the JavaScript name, and JScript from Microsoft) isn't really a fundamental component of web development (for example, my knowlage of JavaScript is fairly small), but it is the only viable way of working with the page after it has finished loading as Flash isn't built for that, Java sucks and isn't designed for it and VBScript is Internet Explorer only (and uses BASIC :[).
    If used correctly using the DOM (Document Object Model), JavaScript can be very powerful, but if used wrongly, it isn't anything more than an annoyance (the name DHTML makes me sad).
    Personally, I make use of it when doing AJAX with Ruby on Rails, but to be fair, I haven't done much actual JavaScript work to get this going as Rails is pretty good at building JavaScript for AJAX use internally before data is passed to the end user.

With Flash, you'd have to pass in JavaScript variables and read out Flash variables using Flash's inbuilt functions that allow for this (thouugh I used them to allow for Flash interfaces in Windows apps I built by passing in variables from the app, because you can if you know how).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator

Hey Bill, I'm looking forward to seeing some of those Javascript ideas, how are they coming?