How did you find us?

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Morning all :D

Well I found Webmaster Post (previously DevDreams.com) from a tutorial link in pixel2life.com and been here ever since ;)

So my question is this:-
How did you find us and were you referred by a member? :cool:
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• pink.aquarianpink.aquarian Beginner Link Clerk
    My friend mentioned this forum to me. She was looking for some forums for webmasters. I was not able to ask how she found it though. :)
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Would you believe that I found this forum from SitePoint?
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Felix told me about this place and since I was looking for some more forums to join, I signed up.
    I also have accounts on some other forums Felix uses such as Programming Designs, but I pretty much never use that one.

Most of the communities I use are about web design or programming in general, such as Webmaster Post (staff), Teencoderz (staff), Programming Designs and Tutorial Dash.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Well - I made this place :D

The Royal Ram

• RadavanRadavan Beginner Link Clerk
    If it wasn't for your Microsoft based Windows PC's that most of you are using, none of ya all would be here.

I think we should take a moment to thank Bill.

I saw devdreams for sale at DigitalPoint and checked out the forum.
    www.Microsoft.com"Believe In the Future"
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Can't we take several moments to rip him limb from limb instead? :D
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Radavan wrote: »
    If it wasn't for your Microsoft based Windows PC's that most of you are using, none of ya all would be here.

Microsoft didn't invent:
    The computer
    The operating system (Bill worked with Apple before Windows was born, and Apple OS isn't the oldest either).
    The GUI \ desktop (Apple and Microsoft borrowed this idea from Xerox, but Apple got it going in their OS first).
    The graphical web browser (invented under the title of Mosaic and later Netscape, which is now part of AOL Time Warner and has fallen out of favour with the Mosaic Killer (yes, that's what mozilla means) version becoming more popular).
    The internet (the first real w3 HTTP server was created by London born Sir Tim Berners-Lee and it was a NeXT cube, meaning it was a machine by Steve Jobs of Apple running the daddy of OS X).

So, erm, how does Microsoft factor into the creation of the web and the tools that run it?
    It's true that the most common starting point for web users is a Windows PC running Internet Explorer, but if Microsoft hadn't broken into the OS market with Windows, do you really think the entire computer industry would have crumbled?
    There'd be less competition for the liked of Apple and Sun, and one of those would be where Microsoft is, but generally, saying that Microsoft is the reason for us actually being online isn't really correct.

The only thing I'll credit Microsoft with here is bringing computers down to a more reasonable price range as they didn't provide the hardware like Apple always has, meaning that you could go and buy some less well known hardware and throw a cheap but usable system together.
    These days though, Apple is catching up as they have systems down to ?700 or so now, which is fairly reasonable.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Radavan wrote: »

You sure like Microsoft, don't you?

On-Topic: I found you by a non-active link at another forum.

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

• GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    By Moddy-mun
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
  • ZZ Formerly ''Piet'' NAT Warrior
    i was searching for some blogs.
    and found this forum, and like it and hope to stay for a long time.