new site

kinkkink serious memberVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
have new site take a look if you like and if your into graphics i could use some really nice pics of the drinks that are posted thx
http://mixed-drink-guide.com also its not entirely completed yet only about a dozen pages

Comments

• rallyfanrallyfan Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    ic dont really like it because of the text and the colours
    for the sake of old times!

:)
  • kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    well besides the text and colors if you have some secret recipes for mixed drinks go there and post them i knew you would help out thx
    lol

i know someone that used to work in ibiza ill ask her if she got any.

cool
  • tntcheatstntcheats Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I really don't like the background and random gradient. It makes it hard to see and isn't required for a good-looking design.

Kink, are you by any chance a bartender, or do you just like hangovers? :lol: :mrgreen:
    now im hurt i went to all the trouble of downloading a wysiwyg editor with a small graphics program and thats the best i could do one of hese days ive got to get a graphics program (its supposed to be a sunset over the ocean m posibly during an eclipse or something
    Didn't mean it insultingly, the background is a gradient though, which makes the text harder to read, the farther down the page you are.
  • SEbasicSEbasic Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Good start though... at least you are using CSS (and have done it by hand...)

Look at this Vauxhall site...

Pretty clean design and well structured for the SE's...

Then look at the CSS.. You should learn quite a bit from it (absolut positioning isn't always required... experiment a bit *stir things up* ; )...
    Rave it up.
    I usually don't make a Netscape 4 specific stylesheet. Never really even actually thought of it. It's a pretty nice idea for all of those people who have ancient browsers that don't see @import.
    sebasic will you make me a basic layout like the vauxhall site. i really like the design but i would'nt know were to start to make it so i normally use tables.

Well, Rallyfan, I think you should probably try to make it yourself. Use sources like http://www.Alistapart.com and http://www.Glish.com to learn how to make the pages good. It's best to learn it that way, so you can understand it better when you know it.
  • SEbasicSEbasic Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    SEbasic will you make me a basic layout like the vauxhall site. i really like the design but i would'nt know were to start to make it so i normally use tables.

I dont think you can afford it mate ; )

No offence... That one wouldn't be a freebie...

Pretty easy to learn how to do it yourself though....

Look here

webmonkey

That's where I started....
    Rave it up.
    ah dont worry i was kidding anyway i know what you mean about the hard to read thing and i have gone to a 512 colorchart to helpwith same you also have a point with the gradient it seems that with most every colortheres a point in the gradient at which it becomes hard to read now i go check out your site
    ah using the standard browser positioning ive done those but i always get irate cause if i want something exactly where i want it and it isnt its roof time anyway thats a nice looking site if you get the chance stop in again at mdg.com and check the new colors
    rally ill make you a basic template just tell me what you want it to look like