Who Are the Most Powerful Webmasters?

Besides all of us at WebmasterPost :p, who do you think are the most powerful/influential Webmasters and why?

Comments

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Jeremy Shoemaker(Shoemoney) is a pretty big name.
    So is Lee Dodd(I think thats his name)
    Also the owner of WickedFire.com who remains annonymous.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Tim Berners-Lee is most probably the most important guy on the internet considering that he pretty much made it (while it's true that the networking technologies were functional, Sir Tim Berners-Lee is the one who invented HTTP and HTML, both of which are integral to the modern internet) and on top of that, he is the head of the W3C, which dictates how much your code sucks (or doesn't if you're a validator fiend like me).
    I don't know how much he actually does to keep W3C sites running in terms of code though...

Jeffrey Zeldman has to be in there for me.
    The guy behind THE web design magazine, AlistApart (he runs ALA, Happy Cog and a blog, co-founded WaSP, wrote some books and got An Event Apart up and rolling).
    An Event Apart is sponsored by The Mozilla Corporation, Adobe Systems Incorporated and Media Temple Inc, which means it's almost like a web design nerd version of E3, but without the hot models flogging promo gifts and with more coffee and chatter about i8n and accessability standards adherance.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Let's not forget Al Gore, who invented the internet lmao
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Wait, what...?
    Either that one just flew right over my head, or I've missed something.
    Al Gore works for Apple, which is the basis for my conspiracy theory:

George W. Bush JR beat Al Gore to power by becoming the American president.
    Now, Al Gore goes off and works for Apple Computer, who makes iMac's, iPod's and all manner of other Mac & iProducts.
    Now, this is where it gets interesting as it's a known fact that Bush is an iMac user and there were those images of Bush where it looked like there was some wiring under his suit.
    What I'm thinking is that Gore is using some little known Apple technology (commonly used to stop Apple users from defecting to other systems) to control Bush so that he can make him look like an utter moron.
    I'm not saying Bush is actually smart or anything, but you'd need to be a little slow for this level of control to be possible.
    It could be that Al Gore is trying to get popularity by destroying Bush while preaching eco-friendliness, or it could be that in reality, he's in control through Bush and is really the one behind all of the problems Bush has caused.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!