Funny things on eBay

NuvoNuvo Forum LeaderVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Hello.
I was just searching eBay to gather some rough selling estimates for some items which I may also be getting shut of soon (71 games related items ranging from a DS Lite, PSP Value Pack, a PS2 and an Xbox through to games and memory cards in varying conditions, but mostly good to mint) when I stumbled upon someone trying to sell a copy of Tomb Raider for the Xbox 360 for no less than ?100!
No doubt, this is a newish game on a console less than a year old, and it is in mint condition, but it's a game that sells for no more than ?49.99 in the average shop brand new.
Also, I've seen people selling houses without putting reserves on them (meaning that if the house had sold for ?10, it's legally the property of the bidder).

So, basically, what's the best, weirdest and generally funniest thing you've seen on eBay?

P.S.
I happened to be using CEX's online seller calculator (it tells you what they will pay you for things if you sell to them) and apparently, 71 items is just a bit too much for it to handle as it froze until I backtracked and then looked at the total another way (and used calculator to work it out myself) :D
PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
Current project: CMS Object.
Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
Release date: NEVER!!!

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    The weirdest thing I've seen are empty coke cans and sweety wrappers (I could see the point if they were classified vintage) but no they weren't, the pictures showed sell by dates of the current year LOL

Oh yeh and those mystery boxes, I'd love to know whats in them but not curious enough to waste money lol
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Weirdest stuff I've seen on Ebay:
    Someone was selling their own picture. This was not special or nude or anything. It actually sold. Dang!

Has anyone watched the episode of the Jay Leno show where he was talking about the topic of wierd stuff sold on ebay? One of the weirdest items that was actually sold for $2,000 was a piece of unwanted christmans green pea. Yeah a green pea. There are still crazy people in this world, I just want to know where they got their money from.

Another item from that same episode was a "cursed" wedding gown, the description was:
    "Please be warned!! this is a cursed wedding gown! don?t buy it if you wanna keep your marriage happy and for a lifetime...this was passed on to several of my cousins and all of them got divorced in short while after getting married. other than that the gown is in excellent condition!" Who would want this?
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    LOL this just proves that some people have more money than sense :D
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • pink.aquarianpink.aquarian Beginner Link Clerk
    A "Ghost in a Jar" - received bids reaching $90M. I think thats really weird. Read this in a blog somewhere. And also the fingernails of a serial killer. Talk about strange....
    A "Ghost in a Jar" - received bids reaching $90M. I think thats really weird. Read this in a blog somewhere. And also the fingernails of a serial killer. Talk about strange....
    90 Million??!!?? I wish I could find out if they top bidder ever paid up. I might start selling some "Ghosts in Jars" on eBay myself, lol
    LOL! yeah, i wonder where in the world they get their ideas. :)

and even stranger is, you can buy your own real family and the meaning of life off ebay too, $1.6M and $4 respectively. LOL!
    LOL! yeah, i wonder where in the world they get their ideas. :)

and even stranger is, you can buy your own real family and the meaning of life off ebay too, $1.6M and $4 respectively. LOL!
    Can you imagine being that desparate for a family to buy one? It doesn't seem that hard to find a family.
  • GOBGOB Beginer NAT Warrior
    Can you imagine being that desparate for a family to buy one? It doesn't seem that hard to find a family.

Well I'm still looking for one haha. But not for 1.6M.
    LOL! some people really have some strange ways to earn money. heres the info on that "family" on bid:

"For one year the lucky buyer could have “Your own REAL Family” and that only for $1.6 million. When buying this family of four, the buyer receives companions to spend their time and play with for one year. The family will travel with the buyer and visit the buyers relatives, but they ask to be treated with respect. Along with the buying price the buyer also has to pay for all transportation to and from the residence as well as any costs during the stay."

Now thats really crazy..