Dell Shop...

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Lurk and I went out shopping today and I went in the Dell shop while he sat with kids in the food court.

The child that was serving asked what I was looking for, I said the very latest specification with the best graphics card they had for 3D Graphic Applications to run on. He tried to convince me that the best they could offer was an Intel Celeron 2.8Ghz with 512MB RAM and 128MB ATI Radeon Graphics Card.

Then proceeded to tell me that women can't work PCs and I should send my husband in to purchase :banghead:

So I told him that 2.8GHz was nowhere near latest top specification etc to be hit with "I have a degree in Computer Science blah blah blah". So I don't think they'll be getting my business anytime soon LOL
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• MystiiMystii Beginner Link Clerk
    MGDesigns wrote: »
    Lurk and I went out shopping today and I went in the Dell shop while he sat with kids in the food court.

The child that was serving asked what I was looking for, I said the very latest specification with the best graphics card they had for 3D Graphic Applications to run on. He tried to convince me that the best they could offer was an Intel Celeron 2.8Ghz with 512MB RAM and 128MB ATI Radeon Graphics Card.

Then proceeded to tell me that women can't work PCs and I should send my husband in to purchase :banghead:

So I told him that 2.8GHz was nowhere near latest top specification etc to be hit with "I have a degree in Computer Science blah blah blah". So I don't think they'll be getting my business anytime soon LOL

OMG Child is right!! That's far from the best computer and that's far from the best video card. Geeeeezzz... he had nerve to say women couldn't work PC's? Hmmm... I'd love to bump into someone like that. I've more experience in my little finger than he has in his entire brain!
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    MGDesigns wrote: »
    Dell has shops? What kind of evil is this??
    Well, Celeron CPU's should be avoided at all costs.
    You'd be better off with a Pentium 4, or anything recent from AMD.
    2.8Ghz is almost as low as the dev box I have, which uses a Celeron, but is destined not to run games or anything more than code and some graphics apps.
    FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY NOT ATI... nVidia make nicer cards in my opinion (yes, I do use Linux) and 128MB is really low, lower than mine in fact (256MB GeForce 6600).
    As for the RAM, that might get you running a few games, but you'd want at least double that (1024MB \ 1GB) to run newer games well.
    You do know that if you had lurk stood there, you could have got that hell sprog into trouble for discrimination, right?
    Also, gender has no bearing (to my knowlage) on how proficient a person is with computers.
    It might be the case that men are more often associated with programming and computer building, but it's not like it's overly hard to put the lego blocks together these days (it's not like you're still soldering boards together or anything).
    Anyway, so long as you can press the power button, you don't need to be a techie as Dell should be breaking it for you.
    Oh really.
    I doubt anyone working at Dell in customer services has such qualifications.
    If he was as qualified as that, I'm pretty sure he'd be doing something better than working at a place that is basically the computer version of McDonalds.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    LMAO Nuvo I was amused to begin with but after reading your reply I'm in absolute hysterics :rofl:

As far as I knew Dell didn't have any shops either, but that is all they had in stock. They're also selling the Dell systems for much more than what they are on the Dell website. For instance the Dimension 3100C on site starts from ?329, in their shop it started from ?699 and it was the exact same specs grrrrr
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't a shop owned by Dell, but someone franchising.
    The company my brotherinlaw used to work for, PCIdeas did this, which resulted in a small shop near me, which uses their name, but is absolutely horrible.
    Dell's not exactly a great name anyway, it's just that when it comes to PC's, it's fairly easy to become a recognised brand if you put a load of garbage into a case with half decent specifications and sell them cheap.
    I doubt Dell uses any respected brands in their systems (you might find a Maxtor or Seagate HDD, but that's about it unless you count the CPU).
    Dell is becoming known for their screens these days, but chances are that the actual screens are built by another company, probably LG as they make most of the LCD's the world uses apparently.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • Sparkydude31809Sparkydude31809 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I will never own a dell...there OS...is ran only on dells..and its just not my type of thing...also if you remove a program on a dell that is part of the dell OS...well the blue screen of death comes
    "I come as a right hand, an agent of God, to carry out his judgement"

:hello: