3 AOL Employees leave over Search Data Leak

According to ZDNet, two AOL employees have been fired, and its chief technology officer is resigning, after the release of Web search data from thousands of AOL members prompted widespread criticism of the company. This leaked customer data was posted online.

How can these employees be so thick? Of course they'd get fired for this.
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6107830.html?tag=nl.e589

Comments

• GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    You know, I have been a member of AOL since 1995 and I love all it offers its users and all my family and friends use their service. This is also where my role-playing community plays but when things like this happens it frost me, some of their employees (a few I knew personally and know how to conduct themselves) take their position there for granted and believe they can do what they want and not have to answer to anyone about it. I agree they should be fired and never be allowed to work for any on line services.

And another thing! As much as I enjoy my time on AOL, their search engine SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :nerner:
    ginapirate
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    When Gina Pirate comes out, you know she's mad! LOL
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    LMAO @ Gina the pirate :rofl:
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • AvenAven Beginner Link Clerk
    LOL. That's really sad for the employers, but you know what? they deserve it.

I honestly can't stand AOL, really bad service, and when you talk to them on the phone; they never want to take "no" for an answer.