Domain Registration

MGDesignsMGDesigns AdminVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
After hearing a few horror stories about Xreg and Coveria. I'm interested to know who your domains are registered with? If you're completely satisfied with their service and who you'd never go near with a barge pole (so to speak)?
A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
-
ModGirl Design
My ArtWanted Portfolio
Renderosity Gallery

Comments

• KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    Just an update on this Moddy, the lady who is having problems still hasn't had a response from their support ticket.
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Now theres a shock, neither have I. I think it is truly disgusting that someone can pay for a 2 year period of domain registration 12 months ago and for it to run out a year early with absolutely no resolution from the company at all.
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    Nominet being no help at the moment either, the person "dealing" is away on holiday
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    Let me guess, it wasn't passed onto someone else either?
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    I like this question because I have dealt with some bad registrars before and would like to warn others.

Please try to avoid Registerfly.com. Their prices are good but their customer service is terrible and they have a bad habit of shady dealings like overcharging your credit card. I had such a problem and trying to get credit back to the card is near impossible.

I love:
    Moniker

It has great customer service and good prices. I pay only $6.95 per domain there. If you are interested in getting the same deal from Moniker, PM me and I'll tell you how you can get it.
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    registerfly with me seem to be ok they had a problem with my username a few months ago but they got it sorted within 24 hours same with any problems ive had and rather than just guide me on how to do whatever it was i asked they did it for me.
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    all my domains are registered with namecheap - no problems at all so far... :)

highly recommended...
    Slight update on Xreg and Coveria. They have apparently gone out of business and have neglected to supply Companies House with their accounts since 2003. UGH!!!

Thank you Bryant for the info on eNom, they are helping me with my Xreg problems as my .net and .com were registered through them by Xreg. :)
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    MGDesigns wrote:
    Thank you Bryant for the info on eNom, they are helping me with my Xreg problems as my .net and .com were registered through them by Xreg. :)

Glad to hear it's working out for you :thumbsup:
  • mavmav Beginner Link Clerk
    I use 1and1 and godaddy.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Apparently though, GoDaddy has been slacking as of late as they seem to think that because they are the biggest company in their field, that they can do what they want.
    Python uses NameCheap for his domains and the domains he's buying for his promo offers.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Just a quick update on this.

Bryant thankyou very much for your suggestions which the lady has decided to take. A new doamain name for the Charity and she will let the original drop til its available for purchase again.:)

No word from Xreg however, it seems that they are not responding to anyones emails and also have kept monies that do not belong to them. :(
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    Yeh eNom had no luck with a response either :banghead:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • JohnJohn Junior Member NAT Warrior
    All my domains are registered through NameCheap since I read a lot of good reviews from them and I've had no problems since the first day I registered my first domain with them. I have one domain registered with 123reg and they've also been great so far :)
    [+] JSlane Designs
    [+] JSlane Hosts