Do you click on ads?

star123star123 BeginnerLink Clerk
There's always a lot of discussion about how to get people to click on pay per click ads. My question is do you generally click on ads?

My answer: I click on ads for two reasons:
1) the ad actually interests me or I am curious what it's about
2) the website is really nice or the ads are cleverly placed and I want to reward the owner of the website for their creativity.

Comments

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    most webmasters have become blind to ads... but for me, if i see something interesting, i would click on the ad (not on my site ;))... feel a little guilty that the webmaster on the other end has to pay for it though...

btw, you are paid poster? your style of posting makes it really obvious... ;)
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    When I see something interesting, I click on it. Sometimes I accidently click on something I see on my own site and then am like, doh! Dont want to get banned from Adsense.

Will you always get banned from Adsense if you click on your own ads or does it take a while of repeated clicks?
  • MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Nope never clicked on ads :)
    If I see something being advertised that I find interesting I research it first but thats just me...
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    Never click on ads, unless by accident, which is once in a blue moon.
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    I hardly click adds, most of them don't interest me at all. Sometimes when a website is really well build I'll click.
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

• WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I only click on the ads if i see something really interesting, that's probably when i ever click on the ads.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • websitesbuiltwebsitesbuilt Beginner Link Clerk
    I click on ads some, often times I go to site and dont use the ad to do so as to save them money. If the ad has something that interests me sure I will, which basicly translates into a way for me to make more money or make my work easier.
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    only if it interests me otherwise your ripping off the person paying to advertise
  • lpstonglpstong Beginner Link Clerk
    I click on a few if they catch my interest. But for the most part I do not click on the ads. I have a tendancy to just do a google search for any info. But if a ad comes up a site that have done a search on. Chances are I might.
  • PapworthPapworth Junior Member Shared Hoster
    When I see something interesting, I click on it. Sometimes I accidently click on something I see on my own site and then am like, doh! Dont want to get banned from Adsense.

Will you always get banned from Adsense if you click on your own ads or does it take a while of repeated clicks?

They don't do it if for the odd click. At the very worst they are likely to not reward you with any money for that click. They only tend to crack down on people who are clicking them daily.
  • rebelagentrebelagent Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I'm immune to them unless it says free domain or something that is in my field of work. I never click anything these days...its about a 50/50 chance of spyware on the other side now lol
  • Sparkydude31809Sparkydude31809 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Nope...I hate ads...so annoying...at usaly they lead to nothing but you having to pay for stuff
    "I come as a right hand, an agent of God, to carry out his judgement"

:hello:
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    I just hate to click on ads but I love to put ads on my websites to earn $$$. As long as internet's website are on advertisement will be everywhere.. ;)
  • fundufundu Beginner Link Clerk
    Yes, when sometimes ads are too cactching that I cannot resist clicking them..

But yes, sometimes I just randomly click on ads as I want to help the webmasters of the website....
  • omoiomoi Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I click on ads if I like the website I'm on and want to help insure it stays in business or if I'm interested in the product the advertisemen is for so I guess I'm a lot like fundu
    Chou: butterfly...
    omoi: thought; mind; heart; feelings; emotion; sentiment; love; affection; desire; wish; hope; expectation; imagination; experience...
    chou omoi
    butterflyspirit
  • ConstanceConstance Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Not interrestrial ads or whatever you call it.

I do occassionally click the ads I do like, knowing that the webmaster is profiting, if I like that community and the ad.
  • Excel7878Excel7878 Link Clerk

Yeah, I do click on ads especially when the ads coincides with an interest of mine- usually programming related stuffs🤭. Or if due to some ingenuity of the web creator, the ads are almost unavoidable 🤔