Hi everyone

KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic ArtistsNAT Warrior
Good Morning :D

I'm Katra and was dragged in here kicking and screaming by Moddy *snicker*. I have many interests but my passions are the creation of art, protecting tutorials and their author's Intellectual Property rights. I own 2domains that include; tutorial-writers-inc.com & katra.co.uk
Thanks for having me ;)
My Gallery
WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
Founder of TWInc
Profession: KMA
I am not a purple people eater :p

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Kicking and screaming eh? :whip: LOL

I'm so glad you joined Katra, now I have someone to play with in the graphics board *snicker*

Great to have you here and thanks for joining :D

Oh yeh Lurk is here too so don't forget to give him a good :slap: rofl
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    Hiya Moddy... nothing more I like than keeping Lurk in order lol
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    mwahahahaha *snicker* ;)
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Katra wrote:
    Good Morning :D
    I'm Katra

Good Morning Katra! We are very honored to have you here!

Specializing in 3d renderings and tags, Katra is has been ranked among the top 10 Graphic Artists in the UK by ArtWanted.com (http://www.artwanted.com/Katra)

She has also been featured in Deviantart.com (http://ko-nceptions.deviantart.com)

I've seen your site Katra (http://www.katra.co.uk) and have been blown away by your art!
    -B
    Thankyou so much for the warm welcome Bryant, you are very kind! :hello: ;)
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
  • tshugotshugo Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Welcome to the forum.

You seem to be very talented :D
    Thankyou tshugo :) :)
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    Katra,

When I see someone as successful as you in their field, it leaves me very curious and I want to learn from them to find that success. People like you know what your talking about.

Please don't feel you have to answer any of these questions, but if you'd allow me to ask:
    1) What is the biggest reason for your success in Graphic Art?
    2) Do you have an insatiable drive to create or to succeed?
    3) Are you, or have you been almost obsessed with your Art form?
    4) What advice can you give the rest of us that are struggling to find success?

Thanks Katra :)
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    welcome katra - looks like you know a couple of people here already...

jump right in, okie?
    Katra,

When I see someone as successful as you in their field, it leaves me very curious and I want to learn from them to find that success. People like you know what your talking about.

Please don't feel you have to answer any of these questions, but if you'd allow me to ask:
    1) What is the biggest reason for your success in Graphic Art?
    2) Do you have an insatiable drive to create or to succeed?
    3) Are you, or have you been almost obsessed with your Art form?
    4) What advice can you give the rest of us that are struggling to find success?

Thanks Katra :)

Very good questions hmmm let me think.

1. The biggest reason for my success in Graphic Art.... I think that may be due to versatility, I don't like to concentrate on one form only because that only appeals to one particular group and that bores me as well.
    I see some artists whose first art is of say for example, photographs of flowers, and because they get a good response they post flower after flower after flower. Don't get me wrong, flowers are very nice but to limit oneself will obviously limit the audience. Take a flower and experiment with the result, add to it, filter it, transform it.

2. I have an insatiable drive, but its more to do with making the next piece of art better than the previous, I also have an insatiable curiosity where 3D art is concerned I see some art that I love and I have a need to know how it was done. Success is a bonus :)

3. I used to paint in traditional form, and then moved on to computer graphics, thats when a kind of obsession started n a need to know basis, however I don't let it rule other things that I am involved in. I am lucky because I can draw a line and I think one has to do that or you can get very frustrated.

4. Oh this is hard, because in my mind, as an artist, I am still striving for that success lol. All I can say is, don't give up, you will get frustrated, your recycle bin will be constantly full but the key thing is to experiment to find the nich you are comfortable with, take time out to have a look around and learn from others, take the knowledge and experiment. Don't rush anything just because you want to "get something out there". Most of all remember no matter what you use or how it's made, if it comes from your heart and your mind, it's art.

Phew hope I answered fully :-)
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    pfgannon wrote:
    Welcome Katra! Impressive resume you've got there.

Thanks so much pfgannon :)
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    daboss wrote:
    welcome katra - looks like you know a couple of people here already...

jump right in, okie?

OK daboss will do lol :D
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    Katra wrote:
    Very good questions hmmm let me think.
    1. The biggest reason for my success in Graphic Art.... I think that may be due to versatility, I don't like to concentrate on one form only because that only appeals to one particular group and that bores me as well.
    I see some artists whose first art is of say for example, photographs of flowers, and because they get a good response they post flower after flower after flower. Don't get me wrong, flowers are very nice but to limit oneself will obviously limit the audience. Take a flower and experiment with the result, add to it, filter it, transform it.
    2. I have an insatiable drive, but its more to do with making the next piece of art better than the previous, I also have an insatiable curiosity where 3D art is concerned I see some art that I love and I have a need to know how it was done. Success is a bonus :)
    3. I used to paint in traditional form, and then moved on to computer graphics, thats when a kind of obsession started n a need to know basis, however I don't let it rule other things that I am involved in. I am lucky because I can draw a line and I think one has to do that or you can get very frustrated.
    4. Oh this is hard, because in my mind, as an artist, I am still striving for that success lol. All I can say is, don't give up, you will get frustrated, your recycle bin will be constantly full but the key thing is to experiment to find the nich you are comfortable with, take time out to have a look around and learn from others, take the knowledge and experiment. Don't rush anything just because you want to "get something out there". Most of all remember no matter what you use or how it's made, if it comes from your heart and your mind, it's art.
    Phew hope I answered fully :-)
    Thank you so much for sharing Katra, I'm taking your advice to heart.
    -Bryant
    wow, i just clicked on the links provided by deluxenames and am totally blown away!!!

dem - you're good...
    daboss wrote:
    wow, i just clicked on the links provided by deluxenames and am totally blown away!!!

dem - you're good...

Aww thanks :huglove:
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Touch slow I know but I get there in the end, Welcome Katra :hello:
    Why hello there Lurk, fancy seeing you here LOL ;)
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Katra wrote:
    Aww thanks :huglove:
    if you don't mind, i have some questions for you...

1. how old are you?
    2. are you working full-time? still studying?
    3. on your own? or are you employed?
    4. how much do you make?
    5. how do you use your digital art skills to make money - selling your art? working on projects (e.g. advertising)? doing design?
    daboss wrote:
    if you don't mind, i have some questions for you...

1. how old are you?
    2. are you working full-time? still studying?
    3. on your own? or are you employed?
    4. how much do you make?
    5. how do you use your digital art skills to make money - selling your art? working on projects (e.g. advertising)? doing design?

#1 Younger than the twinkle in my fathers eye :D
    #2 No I am a professional artist at home now
    #3 Self employed and I have pets :p
    #4 Not nearly enough, suprisingly little actually, I certainly can't live off my art
    #5 I have never been asked to design, I am exceedingly lazy in putting myself forward in design work. Moddy is always moaning at me about that. My art sells at Art Wanted or I do private commisions. :glasses2:

;) ;)
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    Moi? moan I think not LOL well okay just a little bit but I know for a fact that your design and artwork is what inspires me so theres the reasoning behind it :D lol ner ner
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    Katra wrote:
    #1 Younger than the twinkle in my fathers eye :D
    #2 No I am a professional artist at home now
    #3 Self employed and I have pets :p
    #4 Not nearly enough, suprisingly little actually, I certainly can't live off my art
    #5 I have never been asked to design, I am exceedingly lazy in putting myself forward in design work. Moddy is always moaning at me about that. My art sells at Art Wanted or I do private commisions. :glasses2:

;) ;)
    thanks for the answers... ;)
    Katra wrote:

That is so wrong, there must be something we can do about that. :(
    Someone that is as creative as any painter. I wish there was a way to make graphic art less copyable. It's too easily copied and spread around. This might be part of the reason for the low pay.
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    -=waves to Katra nd Moddy==-
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
    *waves back to Gina* :D
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    Is that our Gina? roflmao
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    That is so wrong, there must be something we can do about that. :(
    Someone that is as creative as any painter. I wish there was a way to make graphic art less copyable. It's too easily copied and spread around. This might be part of the reason for the low pay.

Thanks Bryant :)
    My Gallery
    Founder of TWInc
    Katra wrote:
    Is that our Gina? roflmao

LMAO It is indeed our Gina :D
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    -=waves to Katra=-
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon