What Is Your Search Engine of Choice?

I'm among the unwashed masses that fall in line and use Goolge. I wonder what some of you independent thinking Webmasters use?

It just seems many Webmasters like being contrarians and being different instead of going with the flow.

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'm a googler but that began when I was on dialup (many moons ago) and it was always the fastest loading site and search engine on the net...however I'm open to suggestions of others? LOL
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    me too - i used to be with yahoo...

however, i don't think there is any loyalty with regards to using search engines. the one that provides the best results get the users. so we could all very well move to msn one day (if the do buck up)... :D
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I was with google since the day I heard about it. I don't think I ever used any other search engine more than a total of 50 times... I must have used google for millions of searches.
  • tec-geektec-geek Beginner Link Clerk
    99% of the time, I'll use Google. A while back I Dogpile.com was my SE of choice. I usually find what I'm looking for faster with google. Google usually returns better results than MSN, Yahoo, and other major SEs in my opnion.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Hmmmmm am noticing a trend here...Google lol
  • tshugotshugo Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Sometimes I use Kvasir.no :p, but mostly google :D
  • CaptainKirkCaptainKirk Beginner Link Clerk
    Ive always used Google, except when i was at High School, they had blocked google, apparantly to many results where rude. Lol. then i was forced to use MSN or Yahoo, but except for that, ive always used Google. Mainly as FireFox has that little google search bar on it.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I use Google because Yahoo! sucks (not just the search engine, but the entire company), Altavista has gone down hill a bit and the others were never really up there.
    Dogpile has a neat little flash tool called search spy though... Good for seeing what people are searching for (though it can be a little weird and even sick at times if you have it unfiltered).

AOL will never get me using them after the last stunt they pulled (releasing search logs to the public), which is something Google would never do, as seen by them refusing to give their logs to the government.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • Awakened-SouljaAwakened-Soulja Beginner Link Clerk
    I use Google as its SIMPLE. I have nothing against Yahoo but as i said Google is simple and thats how i like it because i dont want to read for hours to find what im looking for. Id only use Yahoo if im researching something.
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    Definately a Googler, I like all its options.
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Katra wrote: »
    Definately a Googler, I like all its options.

Ditto, so am I.
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
  • MystiiMystii Beginner Link Clerk
    I'm a googler too.