new design

this is a new design i was working on last night, any suggestions before i carry on with it?

Comments

• websitesbuiltwebsitesbuilt Beginner Link Clerk
    Sorry kinda hard to tell from just that. Would seem to need something in bottom left.
  • flybuzzflybuzz Beginner Link Clerk
    Is this for sport's site or? Might be better to have the site working first and provide the url. Thanks.
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Not a bad start, this must be why you were hunting for the excersize domain? Just curious, what domain did you decide upon?
  • SamSam Beginner Link Clerk
    well done buddy, keep it real :cool:
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Doesn't look bad but it def. doesn't looks modern, more like something from a few years back. I suggest you goto some sites that have designs that appeal to you and write down what exactly you like about it. Its a great brainstorming method.
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    www.fitnessblast.info probably a temporary domain until i can find something that realy stands out.

ive decidd it needs a footer none of the links work just a demo page really a working progress i have a few articles from my previous fitness site and some fitness tools like BMI checker etc but will update them all once i have the final design sorted
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    2 things:
    1. everything's too narrow - you take advantage of every bit of real estate of the user's screen
    2. the panes are too far apart

i assume you're planning to put a footer into the design too?
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    yea on the post above i mntioned a footer will be put on but wont do that until the weekend when i get chance

Ill move them closer together and perhapse make it a little wider, im not sure how it looks on a normal pc as my laptop is widescreen so i though it was just a bit thin on my screen
  • AvenAven Beginner Link Clerk
    ooh, very nice design. I like those types of designs, very colorful and creative.

Although, the layout looks like it is kind of too small. You might want to make it bigger a bit for more space ;)