How many hours per day?

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
How many hours per day do you spend on the computer on average?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    On a week day, anywhere from 0 to 6 hours.
    On a weekend, anywhere from 0 to 18 hours a day.
    I'm a console game loving insomniac who likes to program and surf the net, but even I have to sleep at some point as I get up before 6.00AM to go to work and i don't fancy falling alseep on the bus as it takes me nearly an hour to get there anyway and missing my stop would suck :(
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I said about 6 hours for a weekday. It would be more on a weekend.
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Really depends on if I have anything to do that day. Or if i wanna go out with friends.
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i prbably average about 4 but yesterday i spent about 7 others may be a lot less than 4
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    2 on weekdays because of school :( and anywhere from 4-8 hrs on weekends, the more the merrier :P
    ban1.gif
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Normally 4 hours if im not out or doing something else!
  • lozzas1810lozzas1810 Senior Member The Royal RAM
    bout 4 hrs on a weekday cos i got skl and on the weekend about 8 hrs
    devspc3.gif
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    I am on a average for about 6+ hours on weekdays and on weekends any things from 15-24 hours doin bits and bobs here and there of course :p.
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Weekdays about 4-5 hours but if Im out then obviously not as much...
    Weekends If im not up cardiff (every other weekend) and not out then about 7-8

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I can't see the "Far more than can be good for my health" option. But, I also don't see the "As much as I possibly can" option either.
    Shame on you, P, for the lack of options in this poll!

- CBG :|
    :P

Yeah they probably should be up there

The Royal Ram

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    More than I should be, but in reality and as sad as it WILL sound, the internet is really my only contact with the *outside world* due to health
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    MGDesigns wrote:
    More than I should be, but in reality and as sad as it WILL sound, the internet is really my only contact with the *outside world* due to health

MGDesigns, I'm sorry to hear this. Is there hope that your health will improve?

For me, I can easily spend 6 hours a day on the computer. The one good thing is that I've managed to get myself to stop buying domains :D
    Was so addicted.
    Ive had a few domain buying sprees too :p

The Royal Ram

Python wrote:
    Ive had a few domain buying sprees too :p

And how did you kick the habit? To beat my domain addiction, I had to turn to drugs :eek:

Well, at least I had to tape my credit card bill to the wall to remind myself that it wasn't monopoly money that pays these things
    MGDesigns, I'm sorry to hear this. Is there hope that your health will improve?

For me, I can easily spend 6 hours a day on the computer. The one good thing is that I've managed to get myself to stop buying domains :D
    Was so addicted.

Theres always hope, I have agoraphobia and find dealing with strangers and crowded public places sheer hell.

How many domains do you own?
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    MGDesigns wrote:
    Theres always hope, I have agoraphobia and find dealing with strangers and crowded public places sheer hell.
    How many domains do you own?

I'm so sorry MGDesigns. Is it a personal thing that I shouldn't ask about? I have no experience with this so it leaves me with questions. How old were you when you first felt the agoraphobia? What's the best way to treat agoraphobia?

I have over 1000 domains but I'm actively trying to prune away the one's that have the least value. How about yourself, how many domains?
    I'm so sorry MGDesigns. Is it a personal thing that I shouldn't ask about? I have no experience with this so it leaves me with questions. How old were you when you first felt the agoraphobia? What's the best way to treat agoraphobia?

I have over 1000 domains but I'm actively trying to prune away the one's that have the least value. How about yourself, how many domains?

Nah it's not personal. I have suffered from agoraphobia since I was 15 if I'm remembering right I was doing my Standard Grades (Scottish equivallent of GCSEs), the stress was unreal. The best way to treat it is through cognitive therapy, through a very slow process of changing how your brain reacts to fear, which means forcing yourself into stressful and fearful situations and riding it through. Something I don't manage very well during my children's school holidays lol.

I have 2 domains that are registered in my name, but only one belongs to me. WOW over 1000, do you buy the extra hours in the day from ebay? *snicker* lol
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    MGDesigns wrote:
    Nah it's not personal. I have suffered from agoraphobia since I was 15 if I'm remembering right I was doing my Standard Grades (Scottish equivallent of GCSEs), the stress was unreal. The best way to treat it is through cognitive therapy, through a very slow process of changing how your brain reacts to fear, which means forcing yourself into stressful and fearful situations and riding it through. Something I don't manage very well during my children's school holidays lol.

I have 2 domains that are registered in my name, but only one belongs to me. WOW over 1000, do you buy the extra hours in the day from ebay? *snicker* lol

LOL, if only eBay sold time, I would be their most loyal customer. I don't know how some people accomplish so much unless they are manic and can work at a furious pace. I alwasy feel like I wish I could get more done.

MGDesigns, I respect you so much for not giving up while dealing with much more than I'll ever have to deal with. You are a trooper.
    Thank you :D

Yep would be fantastic if ebay sold time LOL
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • WordsmithWordsmith Junior Member Link Clerk
    I commend you for speaking out about this and I am sorry for your suffering. I may have suffered from a form of agoraphobia when I was in my early 20's. I didn't want anyone to look at me and I didn't drive a car back then so would take the bus everywhere and I HAD to sit at the back of the bus. I couldn't bare for anyone to be looking at me or over my shoulder. Some days it was hell leaving my home to go to work or do anything. It would be worse when I hadn't left the house for a few days. I never really sought help though did talk to my family doctor about it and we put it down to nerves. I guess I down-played it. I was always nervous. I read a lot of books about social problems and they really helped me (I worked in a book store back then.) I do believe if I hadn't read or talked about it, it would have gotten worse. And you are so right about forcing yourself into situations which you fear. I did that too, it was hellish but I got through it. I do still suffer some anxiety in social situations, nervous, sweating, shaking, but I can deal with it now knowing there are many many other people who feel the same way. The thing that I read that helped me the most was finding out I wasn't alone in my feelings and fear. It is very common nowadays especially in our fast-paced and stressful world. I hope you feel better soon and can eliviate your fear and step outside...if only for a few moments...it is nice to smell the fresh air and feel the sunshine. :)

And ps - sorry if I was blathering on :o

And pss - I am on the computer an average of 10 hours a day, work and home.
    MGDesigns wrote:

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience :)

Yes, I think we all down-play it to an extent. I especially down-play the anxiety and panic attacks around my kids as much as I can cause it terrifies them, but hell it certainly wipes the energy from you!!!
    Wordsmith wrote:
    I commend you for speaking out about this and I am sorry for your suffering. I may have suffered from a form of agoraphobia when I was in my early 20's. I didn't want anyone to look at me and I didn't drive a car back then so would take the bus everywhere and I HAD to sit at the back of the bus. I couldn't bare for anyone to be looking at me or over my shoulder. Some days it was hell leaving my home to go to work or do anything. It would be worse when I hadn't left the house for a few days. I never really sought help though did talk to my family doctor about it and we put it down to nerves. I guess I down-played it. I was always nervous. I read a lot of books about social problems and they really helped me (I worked in a book store back then.) I do believe if I hadn't read or talked about it, it would have gotten worse. And you are so right about forcing yourself into situations which you fear. I did that too, it was hellish but I got through it. I do still suffer some anxiety in social situations, nervous, sweating, shaking, but I can deal with it now knowing there are many many other people who feel the same way. The thing that I read that helped me the most was finding out I wasn't alone in my feelings and fear. It is very common nowadays especially in our fast-paced and stressful world. I hope you feel better soon and can eliviate your fear and step outside...if only for a few moments...it is nice to smell the fresh air and feel the sunshine. :)

And ps - sorry if I was blathering on :o

And pss - I am on the computer an average of 10 hours a day, work and home.
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • star123star123 Beginner Link Clerk
    I am online almost all day and all night. I take a few breaks here and there to take care of the baby and play with her, after all that is why I am home to begin with. I guess you could call me a junkie!.I spend almost 10+ hrous per day.
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Week days i can spend any were from 2 to 8 hours on the computer and weekends any were from 4 - 24 hours. I know its probable really bad and its amazing how little i get done even tho im on so much. I suck at project managment.
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • pink.aquarianpink.aquarian Beginner Link Clerk
    10-15 hours per day.. sometimes even more than that especially when there are lots of work to be done. :)