More pixel crap? Please no...

For those that don't know, I run a fairly significant political website, heartheissues.com, and am also the host of a nationally syndicate radio show called Midweek Politics which airs primarily on affiliates of the Pacifica radio network.

Monday is the official launch of www.donatehalf.com. It's a pixel advertising site, but we've got something special going. Half of the gross revenues (NOT subtracting paypal fees, other "costs," etc, is going to be donated in the way of a HAND-DELIVERED check by me to the charity that YOU VOTE FOR. This entire thing will be documented by a production team that is already in place.

Most of the important information is available here: http://www.donatehalf.com/donatehalfpr.doc

I will just add a few things that AREN'T included there. There is going to be a MASSIVE PR/Ad campaign to make this project a success:

-I will be promoting this to gain exporuse multiple times during every one of my weekly radio programs.
-It will be heavily promoted on my seven other websites.
-Countless press releases are being distributed as of Monday through different media outlets.
-A network of college students will be promoting this across the country.
-Media distribution lists to a combination of newspapers, magazines, radio programs, and television stations are in place and ready to be distributed Monday.

The goal is that before my 23rd birthday (February 2, 2007), I will have hand-delivered a check for ideally $500,000 to the winning charity.

:) Note: If your verification doesn't go through when clicking the link in the comfirmation email, please just manually enter the verification code, and you will be all set.

www.donatehalf.com

Comments

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Sounds exciting,
    good luck and congrats to the winning charity.
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Yeah. Nice work dpakman.

Site looks good - good luck!

Though, I can't decide which charity to vote for.
    They are all extremely worthy causes... How do I decide?

- CBG :)
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Seems like a decent idea when compared to other sites which have followed in the footsteps of the origional (MDH, $5 Link... Where will the British advertising innovations end?!?).
    I'm guessing that you probably used a pre-made script for this, but could be wrong and if it's true that the money is being donated, I don't overly care.
    I'd be interested in seeing the documentry when complete if we ever get anything like that over here :/

CBG, Yes, they are all good charities, but remember, the Gates Foundation was established by your nemesis, cheapandusableyetinsecureandrequiresextraappstostopimplosionandotherlameness-man!!
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Nuvo wrote:
    CBG, Yes, they are all good charities, but remember, the Gates Foundation was established by your nemesis, cheapandusableyetinsecureandrequiresextraappstostopimplosionandotherlameness-man!!

Yeah... I meant: "How can I choose between the ones othr than the Gates foundation?". I think I voted for Habitat, btw.