CSS Layout

A nice layout I made today as a favour:
http://www.kaziaz.com/stuff/LePoulpe.html

Let me know what you think...

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Your CSS tag is closing itself before your CSS is even read, so it causes Tidy to throw out the following:
    Plain text isn't allowed in the <head> section (caused by the dodgy style tag).
    Unneeded </style> tag (because it's already closed).
    Other warnings don't need to be posted as they were mainly cookiness caused by the code making Tidy think that the CSS body attribute was actually the <body> opening tag :P

Basically, remove the slash from:
    [html]<style type="text/css" />[/html]
    Other than that, it's fairly decent, though possibly a bit plain (though this makes it remind me of some wiki sites, which isn't bad).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Page down?

The Royal Ram

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Ok its working... Its a bit plain and could maybe do with some rollover effects on the nav.

You may want to take a look at http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kaziaz.com%2Fstuff%2FLePoulpe.html - 2 errors

The second error is to do with what Nuvo said... the other... well same problem I believe ;)

The Royal Ram

Yes, they are the same as what Tidy throws out as basic warnings.
    With Tidy, warnings are classed as errors which the Tidy engine can usually repair and errors are classed as faults Tidy either cannot fix, or which it doesn't even understand.
    Error 1 is caused because the CSS code isn't contained within a set of style tags, due to the opening style tag being self closing.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Yep, I knew about the error, just forgot to change it - same goes for the links.
    And it was only gonna be a layout, I only fiddled with the fonts, colors, etc because I wanted to. :)
  • ryanryan Beginner Link Clerk
    your site isnt working
    This topic was created in January, which makes your post a necropost.
    It's usually not a good thing to necropost and if some resource from the topic is no longer accessable, please refrain from necroposting to let people know when chances are that they already do.
    Continually posting in old topics like this will preobably result in action being taken.