Windows Vista Screenshots

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
I just finished installing Microsofts new operating systems which is to be released some time in 2006. I managed to hold of a beta version of it. Anyway.... Ive installed it and took a few screenshots...

Go here to see them: http://www.devdreams.com/vista

If you want to see a screenshot of something in specific let me know... ;)

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    That looks worse that I could ever have imagined!! ._.
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    lmao....i hope ur jokin CBG coz tht is LUSH!!
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I like it myself :)

Maybe it is a bit cluttered though... Ill try to find some themes and stuff for it.. maybe see what can be done as far as customization goes ....

The Royal Ram

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    damn python you lucky ass bitch...now i want it again :)

its looks really nice though

what kind of graphics card do you need minimun?
    ban1.gif
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I mean it. It looks like an AWFUL interface.
    I would prefer a plain command line to that.
    what! cbg are you on ecstasy!!!!

i absolutely love it
    ban1.gif
    Not sure what the minimum specs are to run it. I think they need to be fairly decent though...

The Royal Ram

yeah cause those shots look pretty graphics intensive
    ban1.gif
    Yes its deffinately fairly intense when it comes to graphics. Ive got a Radeon 9600 256MB and it runs fine. I would recommend using 512MB of RAM though...

The Royal Ram

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Looks cool. Is IE 7 gonna read CSS properly?!?!?!
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
    ah good im got 512

ie sucks no matter what version it is lol
    ban1.gif
    IE7 I think reads CSS as it should... not 100% sure though... Ill have to do some testing later on :D

The Royal Ram

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Lol, Kk
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    Ya Im sure they are going to let the old improper CSS render probably.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    IE7 supposedly has some major improvements over IE6, which we all know is pretty poor when it's compared with Mozilla, Opera or any other non-Explorer based browser out there (like Konquerer or Safari).
    Supposedly, they fixed some issues with the rendering engine as 99.9% of alll web developers know it was as buggy as hell and apparently, it sports better support for CSS3 than some other browsers (it should be note3d that this claim was made a while ago and since then, Firefox and Opera have had a chance to improve their rendering engines somewhat and by the time most people actually gain access to a PC that can even run Vista, Mozilla could have made vast improvements to Gecko since there's thousands of people tinkering with Gecko's source).
    They have also tried to bump up security and they have, at long last, added those features I could never go without when online, pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing (how long have other browsers had these without add-on's Microsoft?).

I think I know what CBG is getting at.
    If you've used Linux or OS X, the interface of Vista may still appear to be somewhat unappealing since for the most part, it's just like XP with a better looking skin rather than a my-first-OS-esque look and feel (which is why my copy of XP uses a mac skin).
    OS X and KDE can both take on very similar styles (when using SuSE, I had KDE appear like the OS X interface where you have the launcher centered at the bottom of the screen) and Gnome is also very flexible (under SuSE I had it look like windows but under Ubuntu it has app info at the bottom and the menu's at the top of the screen).
    I have no problems with Microsoft trying to keep the interface similar to other versions of Windows so people will recognise it, but the simple fact is that not everyone finds it overly efficient.

Basically, I feel like Microsoft is playing catch up.
    OS X has had features Vista is only just adding for an absolute age (AERO, yeah, whatever) and Explorer still can't compete with other, free browsers in terms of usability and extensibility (I might hate Opera for screwing my PC up if I use it for more than a few hours, but I'd rather use that than Explorer).
    Vista won't be quick to catch on since in order to get the most out of it, most people will end up upgrading.
    I know for sure that my PC isn't going to be running Vista any time soon since it's only a 2.6Ghz Celeron D (32Bit) with 256MB of DDR and a cack Intel Extreme GPU (64MB leeched... er, I mean shared memory) and if Apple actually do manage to pull their heads out of their asses and lower the prices when they roll out x86 based systems, I'd be very interested in going that way (I am not willing to pay over the odds for a system based on an overly expencive and outmoded architecture when I could buy the kit to built a more powerful system based on the superior x86 architecture and run any OS of my choice on it including OS X).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    Nuvo - interested in being a moderator? ;)

The Royal Ram