Servage.net

danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P.VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Tell me what you guys think of Servage.net(http://www.servage.net) as far as what they offer...

im hosting with them right now
ban1.gif

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Only had a quick scan through of it but it looks good for that price...

Not quite sure how they an offer PHP 4 & PHP 5 though

The Royal Ram

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    they offer both? weird...on the php info thingy it says php 4.03 < ...something like that
    ban1.gif
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    On that page look down at Web Features.... It says "- PHP v4.4.1 & PHP v5.0.5 [?]{@}

The Royal Ram

ahh weird well its probably a new thing that you have an option to select when signing up...or its just B******T
    ban1.gif
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    they may have 2 servers?
    like you say to choose at startup but most likely b/s
    yeah...and theyre support is also plain b/s...for for the money good stuff...free domain :)
    ban1.gif
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Actually, a host can offer 2 versions of the same script parser.
    Apache allows you to set things up so that different file extensions trigger different processes, thus making this possible.
    When PHP 3 was still fairly well used, hosts made it so that .php would be parsed by PHP 4 while .php3 would be parsed by PHP 3 (there's also .phtml and such, but .php is the most used).
    Hosts such as Powweb (if only they would allow me to put the unused mass of space and bandwidth I ended up with to use rather than downing accounts which were hosting other people for free... They are still an extremely good American hosting company).
    You can also make it so that different addresses use different versions.
    Typing "installing php4 and php5 together" into google brings up over 76,000 results ranging from proxy use to simply modifying Apache's config files.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    wow never woulda known...
    ban1.gif