I got a pop-up problem!!

ViperViper Senior MemberThe Royal RAM
Ive got a massive pop-up problem at the moment and is startin to get on my nerves now.

Pop-up stoppers dont seem to work as tha pop-ups open up in the same window im in....which is weird:P

Do you guys reccomend anything to solve my problem?

Thanks

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    If you're using Internet Explorer, download Firefox (there's Opera as well, but that likes to nuke my PC for some reason, which sucks).
    I know that sometimes, in Firefox, pop-up windows open in a new tab, but this isn't as much of a problem since they tend to open in the background and Firefox won't open a new window for pop-up's you don't open yourself.
    My dad had a pop-up problem a while ago and the only way to get rid of them was to reinstall Windows because it was some form of spyware or something, but that was messenger windows constantly popping up.
    Try using a spyware remover or similar to scan your HDD for malicious files since this is often the cause of increases in stuff like pop-up's.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Ive just recently installed windows again....and i do have firefox and a spyware remover but they dont seem to work....dont kno wat else to do....

Thanks Anyway:)
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    recommend spybot s&d, adaware se personal(lavasoftusa.com)

both excellent...i had an uncontrolable popup problem...had to reinstall windows...lost all my 9.8 gb of files...i hate popups
    firefox rules!
    ban1.gif
    Ive got S &D....didnt seem to work

Never mind:(
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    There is a chance the sites you are viewing have javascript pop up windows just to try and get people to click there ads ....
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    i love s&d probably the best antispyware thingy out there
    ban1.gif
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Yeah Im using Spybot S&D... Great program - free aswell :)

The Royal Ram

IVE SORTED IT OUT!!:D

I installed Ad-Ware SE Personal and ive got no pop-ups:)

Thanks for your help guys:)