The Toadstool Newspaper

http://www.chusd.k12.ca.us/chs/toadstool/index.htm

Some of the titles are pushed left but theres a reason for that. Normally there is something to the right of them but one of my teachers had a heart attack saying that you weren't allowed to have a picture of someone with their first and last name on the interent... anyone ever heard of this?

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    It's not that you aren't allowed, it's just not the best idea in the world.
    You see Billy, there's good people and there's bad people in the world.
    Good people look after the homeless and donate to charity.
    Bad people offer children candy and then trap them so they can boil them alive and eat their hearts while they are still alive.
    The same applies on the internet Billy, there's good people and bad people here too.
    Good people offer help and are neat to talk to while bad people are horrible to look at and so they seek out pretty looking people so they can steal their faces and pretend to be them.
    Now Billy, I know you wouldn't like me to come and cut your face off with a rusty knife, so play it safe and don't tell those bad people everything they ask about you.

Sorry...
    Basically, if a person can get a mugshot of you and your full name and location, they could, with the right connections, steal your identity.
    This would give that person more chance of accessing your bank accounts and they'd be able to use your details to order goods online or by phone.
    It's less likely that someone will try to steal the identity of a well known person like Bill Gates since they are more likely to be discovered doing it :|
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    But its just a local newspaper, nobody outside of our little town is gonna see it unless I post it like on here asking for an opinion...