Basic Text Editor

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
It only took me about 5 minutes to make but oh well, lol

A very (VERY) basic text editing program created by me :)

Doesnt need to be installed - just runs as an exe.

:)

The Royal Ram

Comments

• danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    hey thats awesome, i really like that
    maybe you should post a tut on how to do that!
    ban1.gif
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Maybe if I get some spare time I will :)

The Royal Ram

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Yes, Very nice. Bit too basic. If you want to scare microsoft thinking that your devpad will own notepad then it needs to have more.

Just like firefox and IE

:p
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    lmao... As I said it only took a few minutes... didnt exactly put much work into it... Maybe Ill create another one some time but more advanced...

The Royal Ram

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'd have thought that such an editor would be fairly easy to build, even with Visual BASIC (yes, I know Microsoft doesn't use the full caps, but the language family is called BASIC).
    I actually have a decent amount of building such things with Delphi, but a fair bit more powerful.
    I was working on one using some Borland compatible syntax highlighting packs (Delphi VCL or drag and drop RAD components) called synedit, but they are pretty annoying, so I restarted with the widely available and much loved Scintilla library (the tech demo, sciTE is quite successful on it's own) and it's going well so far (highlighting, basic functions, MDI, runs python code, dowloads source code, works with a DLL version of TIDY).

If you plan on working on a code editor, I'd suggest looking into scintilla as there's quite a few wrappers for it and it's entirely free.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!