Work as a freelancer/designer?

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Do you work as a freelance/designer for other people or do you only use your web skills for your own sites?

I do freelance work aswell as my own sites. What about you?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• james.ukjames.uk Junior Member Shared Hoster
    freelance. whats with these questions anyway? im just being nosey btw :p ;)
    A psychopath with dyslexia
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    ok cool. And the questions are here to spark off some conversion on the forum. Gte it more active and to get people posting more ;)
    Feel free to post new threads to help out :)

The Royal Ram

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I really should start doing freelance work. But I guess I need to perfect either my graphics or php skill to do so.
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    You can earn a lot more money with freelance work that you can just sellinf advertising on your site.. One of the reasons why Im doing it ;)

The Royal Ram

• ArestiaArestia Member NAT Warrior
    got my design company, arestia design studios. stay tuned for the new site comin in about week
    Arestia Design Studios / Synapse Corporate Solutions
    Daniel L. Rust - Lead Architect
    Seattle, WA
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    It depends really.
    I mainly do work for myself, but I will sometimes do work for others.
    I mostly so work for people I know though and I don't usually charge anything.
    I have done templates in the past and before my brotherinlaw stopped running his computer company, he was going to let me design a site for him.
    If I had the time and a bit more skill, I'd probably do more, but work tends to get in the way of thing since I don't get home till nearly 6PM and I set off for work at 6:10AM :/
    I wouldn't mind getting a part time job that pays decent money so I could go to college and get some qualifications in web design and such, even if I would be there for about 1% of the time that other people are there as I don't need to be told how dreamweaver works since I don't use wysiwyg editors (hand coding rocks and you know it).
    Although it's quite possible to get work designing sites without any silly bit of paper, it's harder to get a job in web design without it :[
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • nasaboy007nasaboy007 Beginner Link Clerk
    i work for myself, but i try to be freelance cuz i need the cash. no1 buys nething tho :(

anyone want anything done email me at narutoownage@gmail.com lol
  • summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    Freelance is definately hard to break into. I've never really been able to do it. I am currently doing 2 projects though, but I mean, they arn't from anything really freelance, just friends.
  • kinkkink serious member VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    but have not done anything serious just mini sites and homepages