Home network

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
In college today everyone was asked of they had a home network setup and about 4 out of about 18 said yes.

Just curious as to how many of you members have got a home network set up?

Reply if you have or perhaps if your interested in setting one up.

The Royal Ram

Comments

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    We have one.
    4 machines connected. (3 wireless).
    Good signal, usually.
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    I have two computers and a laptop on a wireless network
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • {Sneaker}{Sneaker} Beginner Link Clerk
    i've two computers on a LAN network. First one work ot linux and get internet over wireless network, second one work on windows and get internet by Lan from first pc.
  • gillygilly Junior Member Shared Hoster
    4 computers wired
    3 laptops wireless
    1 pc acting as server wired
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    its the hardest thing in the world to set up, i did it at college cant do it at home though
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I have a WiFi box set up so I can access the net through my PC or any other 802.11b capable device.
    The WiFi router is connected to my BT ASDL modem \ router which is also connected to my dads PC :/
    This gets rid of the half a mile of cable I would normally have had to use to get it working and since my last bit of cable that was long enough died when my dad used it to connect our last ASDL modem (NTL) to the WiFi router, it's pretty much my only workable option unless I go buy some more network cable...
    BT did provide cables and such with their router / modem, but since the cable they provided was about 3ft long, I doubt it'd reach :/
    My WiFi box isn't perfect, but it works well under Windows XP so long as it doesn't overheat and lock up, which it does once every so often (stupid actiontec hardware).
    I think I finally kicked suSE 9.2 enough to get it to pick up my USB WiFi card (which it supports since it's a PRISM2 chipset), but it still refuses to connect to the internet.

Both my PC's also have bluetooth capabilities as my parents have bluetooth phones and I had one (Sony T630), but sold it when I bought a Nokia... mistake :[
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • ododdododd Junior Member Shared Hoster
    trying to get my computers conencted wirelessly.......
    There are three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't
  • TheDonkeyTheDonkey Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I got a combo wifi hardwired network at home... I have also set up a few other simple ones as well....

The best was my first attempt back when I was in college living off campus...oh man...

See we where to cheap to by longer CAT 5 cables so we used a combination of routers and short cables and what not, to hook up 2 computers and a laptop to a cable modem.... One of my Computer Engineering major fiends sotpped by and was like "How the hell is this working"....lol :)

actually prior to the cable modem we had them all hooked up to one of my machines with a dial up modem...that was even more amazing.... Actually I shouldnt even call those things machines...more like POS's :)
    Capt. D
    F18_468x60.jpg
  • tobytoby Beginner Link Clerk
    i'v got 2 desktops and 2 laptops hooked up to my little network. I dont really use them much though, it was just for me to experiment etc.. have tried windows server and linux etc.. also look cool with the switch and router flashing away on my shelf lol
    ufjoin_blue.gif