Advertising as a freelancer

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
What methods could be used to promote a freelance designer? And I dont mean posting in forums and asking for work that way etc...

Any suggestions?

The Royal Ram

Comments

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    ask peoples whos site you made if you can put your link on there, i know when my mum was getting someone to make her site (i wasnt good enough to do shopping carts properly) she went to look at competitors sites, you gernally need to advertise in non webmaster places i think and try to convert people people who arnt interested in web design into wanting to run their own site as most people into it will know basics anyway
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Yes the sites I make I am placing a small link back to mine, they however have the choice to remove it...

I plan on doing offline advertising... put up some small posters in shops advertising webdesign srevices and also create a few hundred business cards and put them at shop counters.... also just hand them out in general.

The Royal Ram

• someonesomeone Beginner Link Clerk
    printing off and handing out a bunch of business cards is a good way of advertising.i know that a lot of people would probably just throw them away after a little while but there are still quite a lot of people who would keep them. perhaps pin them on a board or something.
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
  • ododdododd Junior Member Shared Hoster
    putting up posters in a computer store if they allow you?
    There are three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I never thought of that. I thought about putting up small posters in shop windows etc...

The Royal Ram